Look right hangs IL2 Win 7 & 8 Users

Hello,

I have been a IL2 player for several years now and have used different joysticks.
A few weeks back my Logitech G960 stopped working and was not repairable.
So i pulled my old Saitek X52 out of the shed and installed it.
It seems to work, but i found a problem.
Looking right (pan or no pan does not matter) hangs the game if i push the HAT switch to long to the right.
After contact with Saitek support (Mad Catz nowadays) and further testing, i found that it is NOT the Saitek that has a problem.
Every key i define as Look Right hangs the game.

So i finally tried the keyboard it self.
Same result.
If i push the defined button (whatever button i define on keyboard or joystick) and hold it down to keep looking right, the game hangs within 1 second (maybe even 1/10th of a second).

I have not changed anything as far as i know, i did uninstall all the Logitech drivers and software etc.
Even installing the first CD of the IL2 game (without any mods or updates) has the same problem.
With the logitech i did not have this problem at all.

I use Windows 8 (not 8.1) with IL2 4.10.1m, UP3.0RC4 and DBW1.7
But as i already told, every version has this problem.
Already tried the Saitek software in compatibility mode (admin and Win7) and also the same with the IL2 software.

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong and how to solve this?

Hi,

There should not be any problem with IL-2, so mostly likely it is a system driver problem in my opinion which might be solved by rolling drivers to an earlier version or updating current ones.

Clinton

I already thought about that and installed old and new drivers.
Did not change anything.
And the problem moves with the button i define as 'look right'
So it seems to be something in IL2 with the look right function, but i don't understand what and how.

Just a guess - try pressing the F9 key when it hangs.

Nope F9 did nothing.
They only thing that works at that moment is ESC and it will then show not just the menu, but also all kinds of running lines on the monitor and after a second ESC it shows my normal view (front view) and a third ESC gives a normal menu to quit the game.

But Look Right still hangs the game.

Sigh..... Sad

So F9 did not work so please tell us where is your game installed ?

Is it alone on your C:\ drive or some where else ?

Just asking to get a feel for what is going on.

The whole game is installed in C:\program files (x86)\ubisoft etc etc
I changed the access rights of program files (x86) so that is not a problem at all.
The game has worked with the Logitech controller and also has worked with the Saitek X52 on my old computer.

I think i already told it, but other games have no problems with the buttons or with looking right (MS CFS2 and 3 and other games).

If you have another drive or space in your C:\ dive I would move it.

Everyone I have known that has the game under PROGRAMS at some point have had problems. I do mean everyone.

Windows \programs (x86) screws the game.

Nope, i have never had problems with the 'program files (x86)' directory. So i am the first you know then Big Grin
With none of the programs or games.
But you MUST change the access rights on the program files (x86) directory and subdirectory's or other wise it will get you in trouble (i have to agree).

But as said, i have changed the access right (logged in user gets ALL rights) and that never got me in trouble, always worked.

The solution for this problem: upgrade to Windows 8.1 8)
After upgrading to Windows 8.1 i suddenly had no problem any more with the look-right function and i could install whatever i wanted as key for it.
So it seems a problem between Saitek and Windows8.0 wich has been solved in Windows 8.1

Well, elot, that just confirms that is was a driver problem after all. Smile

Clinton

Sorry but your on the list with everyone else that installed IL-2 in programs.

This is from 1 C that tells how to install IL-2 in Win 7.

Fire or DM you may want to make a sticky of this site for Win 7 users.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=40218

Done skyomish thank you and also changed the subject to fit.

Deutschmark

Sorry guys, i don't agree. :twisted:

This was a Windows 8 problem that has been solved in Windows 8.1
It worked flawless with the Logitech system, which would give the impression that it was a driver problem.
But since it solved itself with updating to 8.1 and it was still the same driver and software location, it is NOT a driver problem.

As said, it also is NOT a location problem, the only thing you need to do is set the access rights correct.
If you don't change them, THEN you have big problems, i agree on that.

And as system/network administrator i have a lot of tools that install standard in x86 dirs and have problem with standard access rights.
Thats the main reason why i change the access rights on x86, and after that i can install ANY software there without any problem. 8)

It seems some folks just dont get it.

I guess from now on if people need help their on their own.

I have changed the subject to fit both.

Deutschmark