Throttle and Prop Pitch Controls

I have a CH Pro USB Throttle and a CH Fighter Stick USB set up. I have the throttle in game mapped to the throttle and the prop pitch to the throttle wheel on the fighterstick.

What I have noticed is that when I move either of these controls the increments shown on the screen are always in two or three digit increments. The flight rig is calibrated (I have two complete & identical flight rigs and this happens to both of them) and I don't have this issue with my other flight sims.

Is this something that can be corrected in the game by editing a value in a configuration file or a slider in hardware set up?

Thanks

Hi,

I thought that all controls now days have custom profiles, or something similar, so you can quickly turn on your custom settings for a particular game. Have you looked into that?

Clinton

What I mean is how can I get the values to increase or decrease in increments of one instead of two or three when I move the throttle or the wheel on the stick.

An example of what happens is:

I want to reduce the rpm from 100% down to say 93%. No matter how gentle I try to move the wheel the increments always jump two to three increments at a time instead of one at a time. It makes it difficult to set the rpm exactly where I want it. I was just wondering if there was some type of in game sensitivity value I could change to make it do that. It isn't the rig because I can make really fine adjustments in my other flight sims. I just have a hard time trying to do it in IL2.

I never noticed that. I am a full throttle in the combat zone kind of a guy. When traveling to and from a combat area with a group, I use several different controls at the same time to control RPM and airspeed.

Clinton

When I fly I try to set the Manifold Air Pressure and Propeller RPM to the real life settings. For example the corsairs used 44" MAP and 2550 RPM for Normal Rated Power (max continuous) below 7000 feet. The Prop Control roughly is at 93% to match 2550 rpm. When I try to set that the percentage jumps (on screen message jumps past it in both directions when trying to set it) and the needle on the gage jumps back and forth. I was just wondering if there is a way to adjust the values in the game to make the movements more precise.

I play Aces High 2 and I don't have this issue in that game. I can adjust the propeller rpm smoothly and accurately to any setting I choose so it isn't the CH Fighter Stick throttle wheel (I use this for prop control) calibration in the CH Control Manager.

It is well known in tech circles that atmospheric issues and ground crew tampering changed a lot of things from factory specs, so I don't worry about it.

Clinton

Fireskull Wrote:It is well known in tech circles that atmospheric issues and ground crew tampering changed a lot of things from factory specs, so I don't worry about it.

Clinton

:-?

What has this got to do with the mechanical movement of the wheel on my CH Fighter Stick and my CH Pro Throttle and the resulting text display (not gauge indication) on my monitor when ever you move either of these two devices?

If I move either of these controls I should be able to have the on screen text display change in increments of 1 rather than in 3-4 increments like it currently does. It matters not how miniscule I move either of these controls the minimum text display changes by three to four digits.

The game GUI only lets me adjust the aileron axis and elevator axis (curve, dead band, filtering and mouse sensitivity). Rudder pedal axis does not exist, throttle axis does not exist and propeller axis does not exist and no way to make any adjustments, yet all of these axis work in the game. Is there a setting to edit to allow finer control of the engine and propeller controls. The controls move smoothly in the CH Control Manager and I can make fine adjustments in other Flight Sims.

Second unrelated question. Why do I not get notified when a reply is posted? I have the box checked and I used to receive notifications, but I have not been notified of any of the post on this thread. Any ideas why?