Weapon Guided Numbers

8/10/15

Does any body know what the meaning of numbers in front of weapon guided,

Thanks

Big Rog

First welcome Big Rog to the CK forums Big Grin

YES! in the weapons cfg you will see this;

0 [weapon_guided]
This means that the weapon is not guided like a heat seeking missile would be.

1 [weapon_guided]
This means that the weapon is guided like a heat seeking missile is.

But we are doing WW1 here and no weapons where guided in that time, that stuff did not come about till late WW2.

Deutschmark

08/10/15

Deutschmark:

Thank You, you have been helpful.

Big Rog

Deutschmark Wrote:But we are doing WW1 here and no weapons where guided in that time, that stuff did not come about till late WW2.

Deutschmark

In late WW2 it was unguided rockets, like the ME 262, F6F, P51, etc. Guided, Missiles came in 1957.

ilovetrains24 Wrote:
Deutschmark Wrote:But we are doing WW1 here and no weapons where guided in that time, that stuff did not come about till late WW2.

Deutschmark

In late WW2 it was unguided rockets, like the ME 262, F6F, P51, etc. Guided, Missiles came in 1957.

Hi,

No. The Germans had several guided missiles in the last year or two of the war, but most were under development: Camera-Guided, Radio-guided, Wire-guided, Infrared, Radar-guided, Sonic-guided, Microwave-guided, and X-Ray Guided. A few varieties actually saw combat in the last few months or weeks of the war. If they had another 6 months to 1 year, then The Wehrmacht would have fielded thousands of them per month produced mostly in underground factories. I don't mean to be rude, but World War Two history has been a lifetime hobby of mine for about 45 years. :wink:

By the way, I really like trains, too! Big Grin

P.S. Go Broncos!

Clinton

Fireskull Wrote:
ilovetrains24 Wrote:

Deutschmark

Hi,

No. The Germans had several guided missiles in the last year or two of the war, but most were under development: Camera-Guided, Radio-guided, Wire-guided, Infrared, Radar-guided, Sonic-guided, Microwave-guided, and X-Ray Guided. A few varieties actually saw combat in the last few months or weeks of the war. If they had another 6 months to 1 year, then The Wehrmacht would have fielded thousands of them per month produced mostly in underground factories. I don't mean to be rude, but World War Two history has been a lifetime hobby of mine for about 45 years. :wink:

By the way, I really like trains, too! Big Grin

P.S. Go Broncos!

Clinton

I looked it up and it was the V 1 and the V 2 Rockets, I was only talking about the kind of missiles that they put on the aircraft themselves, Germany really did have good engineering, and weird ones.
And nice to know someone who also likes trains Big Grin And yes go Broncos!

Hi Guys, I only used heat seeking missile as a example for Big Rog so he would understand what I was getting at with the settings of the weapons cfg and when I said...
( But we are doing WW1 here and no weapons where guided in that time, that stuff did not come about till late WW2. )
I was referring to what Clinton had mentioned.

Deutschmark

Sheesh, I was only saying from what I heard.

Hi Everybody
The closest thing to a guided missile at the time of WW1 was the Kettering Aerial Torpedo or Kettering "Bug" as it was later known. it was a flying bomb designed by American inventor Charles Kettering and built by the Dayton Wright airplane company and powered by a 4 cylinder Ford built motor of 40 hp. it was actually an unmanned biplane guided by an automatic pilot on a pre-set course. it was to carry a 180 lb warhead. The first prototype was delivered to the U.S Army Signal corp. on oct. 2nd 1918. (Wikipedia claims this date for a first flight) most sources say it flew for the first time after the war. the first flight ended with a crash shortly after take-off. three series of test were conducted before the project was canceled. in the first series of tests, 6 flights with only two being successful. it had a top speed of 50 miles per hour (80 kilometers per hour) and each unit cost $400 USD to build.
love Canvas Knights! and thanks for all the great planes, vehicles, ships and skins!
Rob