Map suggestions

I think there is a hole between 4 existing maps : Crimea, Kiev, Bessarabia and Kuban

It could be called South_Ukraine Map. There were very hard fights between Von Manstein's South Army Group and Red Army : Battle for Zaporojie, Nikopol, Line Wotan... during winter 43-44 after battle of Kursk.

I think it would a good idea for a russian team...

I made a quick test, see screenshot :

[Image: South_Ukraine.jpg]

Somebody interested ?

As it happens, I was planning on heading east for my next project - eastern Poland Smile

Western is better (with my mother-village, Baran

delvpier Wrote:I think there is a hole between 4 existing maps : Crimea, Kiev, Bessarabia and Kuban

It could be called South_Ukraine Map. There were very hard fights between Von Manstein's South Army Group and Red Army : Battle for Zaporojie, Nikopol, Line Wotan... during winter 43-44 after battle of Kursk.

Somebody interested ?

Well, I think that most of Italian community will be interested at it, that area was where the ill fated Italian ARMIR operated during 1941-43... I should ask them Smile

Kuban Winter map

Has anyone done this map?

The winter 1942 was rough in the Kuban for both factions.

The Axis couldn't advance and Soviets were doing a great job of holding their ground.

Some good missions could be built around a decent winter Kuban map.

This map has everything, mountains, hills, ravines, waterways, coastal cities with alot of infrastructure, rails running all over the map. In other words, a lot of good interesting terrain.l IMO, better than the Crimea.

I did the 2 microdem maps for the SE Ukraine, but it's somewhere right down there after I fumble my way thru a Belarus-Smolensk-Bryansk map. I'm also thinking about a smaller project for the Donbas.

Some Russian dudes actually did a basic map for the area to the west, between the Dneper and Odessa, but never took the project any further.

If anyone wants my microdem stuff and some tourist snaps of various sites I found on the Net to go with the idea, I'd be glad to hand over.

BTW a BIG word of caution to anyone doing anything re the Dneper River. It has been totally changed since WW2 by a series of large reservoirs. The current maps DO NOT represent how it looked in the 1940's.