DCG & Dgen with new maps and FMB mods - place to discuss

When all these maps can be loaded with an extracter into the game and be compatible with DCG as well as DGen "WITHOUT" having to load files separately,remove entries from notepad,add new ones, etc, etc, because many players I'm sure are approaching burnout attempting to make everything work with all these hand typed changes.I know I am :?
It would be great also if a utility could be created for us DCG users that would extract into the Masters, filelist etc to enable these new maps.
Am I dreaming? I hope not. I guess you now realize I'm just a player with not too much expertise when it comes to all of this.
I am very excited about all the new maps and really want to use them.I have attempted to follow directions posted in three or four different threads and almost screwed up the game on several occasions.Thank god for the filelist fixer. Big Grin

RDDR Wrote:When all these maps can be loaded with an extracter into the game and be compatible with DCG as well as DGen "WITHOUT" having to load files separately,remove entries from notepad,add new ones, etc, etc, because many players I'm sure are approaching burnout attempting to make everything work with all these hand typed changes.I know I am :?
It would be great also if a utility could be created for us DCG users that would extract into the Masters, filelist etc to enable these new maps.
Am I dreaming? I hope not. I guess you now realize I'm just a player with not too much expertise when it comes to all of this.
I am very excited about all the new maps and really want to use them.I have attempted to follow directions posted in three or four different threads and almost screwed up the game on several occasions.Thank god for the filelist fixer. Big Grin

well, for that you should really ask mr Lowengrin regarding DCG cos maps are implemented in DCG.exe ( new ones can't be added ).... http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php

and for Dgen .... it was never user friendly and i don't believe it will ever be

Z

You know,thats not such a bad idea at all.
I'll talk with him and see how he feels.
Things are starting to calm down over at SimHQ.I sure hope it stays that way. Smile

RDDR Wrote:You know,thats not such a bad idea at all.
I'll talk with him and see how he feels.
Things are starting to calm down over at SimHQ.I sure hope it stays that way. Smile

that would be really great m8 Big Grin Big Grin .....please post any feedback in here too.

...and yes ... all my thanks to mr.Lowengreen for all of his work through the years Big Grin

Z

There is a way to use the new maps in DCG without replacing the old ones. But it requires you to make a scratch campaign for DCG. Just in case anyone was interested.

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:There is a way to use the new maps in DCG without replacing the old ones. But it requires you to make a scratch campaign for DCG. Just in case anyone was interested.
Please a little more info, I am as RDDR only a flyer not a modder or anything else!

Flying H Wrote:
Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:There is a way to use the new maps in DCG without replacing the old ones. But it requires you to make a scratch campaign for DCG. Just in case anyone was interested.
Please a little more info, I am as RDDR only a flyer not a modder or anything else!

all info you'll ever need m8 ( and more....)

viewtopic.php?t=1770

cheers,

Z

Flying H Wrote:

Basically it involves opening up the map in full mission bulder, and doing the following:

1) Make road, sea lane, and rail networks that will be used by the campaign to advance planes, tanks and ships every mission.

2) populating that map with every tank, ship, plane, and any static objects to be in your campaign

3) making the necessary files needed to get your new campaign map intigrated into the game and working proporly.

If you have any questions, PM me and I can help walk you through. If my guide is not helpfull enough, I am willing to do one on one help through email or PM.

thanks fly for posting the link. You beat me to it Big Grin

I was thinking I might offer this to anyone over at the zoo. I know I can't post links to this site, but maybe I could just offer it to anyone who is interested and see if they want a link via PM. What do you think? Do I even try? Am I risking a ban for such a thing?

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:thanks fly for posting the link. You beat me to it Big Grin

I was thinking I might offer this to anyone over at the zoo. I know I can't post links to this site, but maybe I could just offer it to anyone who is interested and see if they want a link via PM. What do you think? Do I even try? Am I risking a ban for such a thing?

.....Zoo, uh i must admit i stopped visit that place around Christmas so i don't know if they changed attitude but Fabianfred has been banned recently again ( if i remember it correctly ) so...
My advice is to PM BearCat here and see with him . Personally i see M4T as more relevant website regarding our game than the Zoo ... but thats just me .

cheers,

Z

I fear that all this is useless unless Lowengreen Re-Works his DCG especially for all new maps.

You see he has to incorporate them in his *.exe file , a file we canot tamper ...

I tried to incorporate Cannon's Beta Map ...No use ... and the worst part of it is that i fear that
Lowngreen "hates" the whole Mod thingy ....

I hope all this changes soon because having all these new maps and no DCG to work with is almost useless ...

Best Regards..