My new textures for BoB.

Im learning more and more about this. I applied your tree files Cannon. TY work great.
I tried to make my own last night but no success. I noticed something with yours. Compans tga files are 1024x1024 tile. So I made 1024x1024 tree files. Your tree files are 512x512.
Is that the rule? Tree files are 512x512 always? No matter what the corresponding tga file size is.

Yeah, I think so Smile 512 x 512 greyscale TGA.

Folks!

I really appreciate the work on the textures but for some reason I

Hi Genosse

There is a good post by VPMedia in the "tutorials" string (pg1) in this mapmods discussion section. It explains how 2, -2 and nothing at the end of the Lowland0= lines can help you. You can up your texture detail and remove 3d trees, up both textures and trees, lower texture no trees etc. Just need to try them and see what ups your FPS. I havent found what the "1" does.

Has anyone considered including objects in these textures. ie sheep/cattle, a tractor working the field etc. I realize they may be only dots in game but a little colour and shading and you are fooled into thinking its a working farm. Its kind of cheating out of new objects and much easier on the graphics/fps. I think people who can only have limited number of objects would love that detail in the tga textures. Of course these details are lost at low alt but we spend most of our time above 500m anyways. I will try this myself after I have gotten my masters in land texture creation. Im still sucking on a soother and shaking my rattle with that stuff. Someday. :roll:

phasmid Wrote:Hi Genosse

There is a good post by VPMedia in the "tutorials" string (pg1) in this mapmods discussion section. It explains how 2, -2 and nothing at the end of the Lowland0= lines can help you. You can up your texture detail and remove 3d trees, up both textures and trees, lower texture no trees etc. Just need to try them and see what ups your FPS. I havent found what the "1" does.

Yup, I

Where can I download the .tree files for these textures please?

canonuk Wrote:You can download the ones I've made from here:

http://www.canons-skins.com/aaa/trees.rar

Instructions are included with the download.

Joe

Reflected, is this what you wanted? These are canons tree textures tga for the field ones. :wink:

Thanks! Funny thing is that they don't work. And sometimes, the map won't load if it uses Compans' textures. Some kind of a loading error message. Athough, everyting is fine when I use the otherBoB textures. I have trees too.

I am downloading all the files needed for the Cross Channel Map. It jas gone without a hitch until now. When I tried to download Canon's trees, the download box came up, but instead of showing a zipped folder, icon it showed just a peice of paper with "buttons on it." I didn't heed this at first, but when I clicked open, the bar filled up, and then the same page with the three options, open, save, or cancel, came up again. This happened every time I clicked it, until I just gave up and pressed cancel. :?:

looks great

but on which maps does this mod work?