Map Misery - its doing my head in...

Hi mate!

Have you try to change the current Il2.exe with the back up one?

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

hi walter Big Grin
i believe you are thinking along the best lines, at the moment. i can't think of any other culprit other than the bldconf/conf/il2fb.exe.....here's my reasoning behind it. As a test, I took my entire Mapmods folder from the problem version, and copied it into the one that works fine. AS is. Results were as i expected. All maps load/save/etc 100% on this version, with no problems.
Conclusion: the problem has NOTHING to do wiith an incorrect installation somewhere....
So, my question then: which other files are used in the map-loading process?
I've studied the 2 versions bldconf/conf files, and they are identical, barring a few extra map entries in the QMB list. I've replaced the exe from the faulty version with the other(working) one, and still get the same 70% CTD when trying to go into map-mode...and can't save missions... :?: :?: :?: :roll: wonky :?

it's a mystery to me,
the game commences
for the usual fee
plus expenses
- Mark Knopfler

Bigboss,
Are there any differences in the static/stationary/technics ini files between the good version and the one playing up - I've got it in my head that 70% CTD's are caused by some conflict in static/technics etc, I don't know why I have that thought, have done a search to confirm, but can't find anything. Confusedhock:

Cheers

Quelty

Quelty - thats also one of my concerns. You're right - 70% CTD can be caused by an error in technics/static, etc, but my reasonong is that the game itself should ALSO crash at 70%, which it doesn't. It loads fine. Only map-mode crashes?!
And - I AM using different ones of those for the 2 different versions. I'm going through them at the moment - I have all the new objects in both - Egypt,Infantry,Shippack2, etc, so I have quite a bit to go through. I might experiment with swopping out the different ini's, just to see if i can find the guilty party....the thing that bothers me most is that the version that's giving problems is my most recent UI1.1 install...it was almost in a virginal state when the problems started creeping in. :wink:
The other(working)version is an older UI1.0 version, with all kinds of extra bits and pieces in it, which i would expect to have problems with, but don't? anyways, investigations continue... 8)
thanks for the ongoing support, chaps! Big Grin

I don't believe that a problem in the static.ini will cause a CTD ...just problems loading maps/missions which need objects not in the static.ini

Technics.ini WILL cause CTD by having the smallest error in syntax.... an extra . in the wrong place for example