[WIP] 4 seasons for Canon-UK's channel map

Superb - your work shows a lot of artistry. I think autumn and mild winter conditions are the hardest seasons to mimic convincingly, but you seem to have developed a good feel for the colours involved. Please carry on...

Little update.

22 english airfields are completed:

[Image: channel-UK01.jpg]
602sqn over Biggin Hill (spring map)

[Image: channel-UK02.jpg]
Nearest airbase from London center : Croydon (autumn map)

[Image: channel-UK03.jpg]
Ju88s over West Malling (spring map)

... 17 airfields left to update Smile

looks great!

fruitbat

These new textures look wonderful. Will the new airfield textures look better up close than the ones used for the original maps?

Quote:Will the new airfield textures look better up close than the ones used for the original maps?

Yes.... depending on what you feel about it :wink:

The runways still appear flat and blurry when taxying on them but all grass parts will have a good textured look (as previous airfields).
This winter (& other seasons) airfields appearance mix a lot better with surrounding landscape than in original winter maps.

I also reduced the black lines effect of runways borders (because they don't appear -my apologies to Canon-UK :oops: - so realistic to me...)

Something like that :
[Image: 145894takeoff.jpg]

Hi all !

Work is now completed Big Grin

FEATURES:

-8 new maps in your FMB list : channel 40-41 & channel 43-45 for spring, summer, autumn & winter.
-New texs for each season (but already known by those who downloaded my previous seasons packages)
-All airfields are reworked so that they fit well with surrounding landscape in all seasons (needs to be activated - see intallation instructions)
-Different sky & high clouds for each season : You'll find from complete blue sky in 1 summer map to overcast in 1 winter map.
-Sea color slightly more green-blue for all maps except the overcast one which remains grayish.
-No leaves on the trees in the winter maps.
-Map_T file reworked in some places to fix a few things and to delete infinite band effects on maps borders.
-Map_H file reworked (thx to Dunkelgrun who gave me the file) to fix a few height errors (mainly on Wight island)
-Each season map has now its own map_F file to keep the map looking good in "excellent" mode (despite the sea may appear too blueish in this mode but this pack is made for "perfect" mode.)

[Image: 4seasons-spring.jpg]
Spring

[Image: 4seasons-summer.jpg]
Summer

[Image: 4seasons-autumn.jpg]
Autumn

[Image: 4seasons-winter.jpg]
Winter

The package was sent to FlyZo & Canon-UK for testing , comment and/or approval... and I shall release it for DL as soon as I get an answer (already done by FlyZo)

Oooh nice Big Grin