Somebody had too much beer last night?

the default trees in the objects menu (static.ini) have no damage model....so they simply disappear after damage

so we could use the same method....where a compunded object would look silly with some bits floating etc.....just have it with no damage model and set to disappear when destroyed.....it would be a cloned object anyway...so no effect on the default items

and the oil barrels could be cloned to have their undamaged state the same as the damaged one...a big black oil splash

and another splash repainted to be camouflage...which disappeared when hit... and put at a height of 2 metres....could camouflage things

Perhaps an invisible object could be made with a damage model that was visible...

Like a flat tile, copy the invisible ground plate and make a static FMB object with it... and the destroyed model? A destroyed object that looks like a crater! Perhaps a reskinned trench circle!

tater

spud Wrote:Perhaps an invisible object could be made with a damage model that was visible...

Like a flat tile, copy the invisible ground plate and make a static FMB object with it... and the destroyed model? A destroyed object that looks like a crater! Perhaps a reskinned trench circle!

tater

yes.....maybe we could get our 'mission long' craters that way....and they could be crashed into too.... just using a trench circle even without skinning looks pretty much like a crater

can they be resized too?

an invisible ground plate...they are already part of the static.ini....aren't they?

FC Wrote:
spud Wrote:Can you post a cloned tanker? I can try to skin it (assuming you have the tga out)

Something like this?

[Image: th_42327_tanker_122_531lo.jpg]

FC

I just now noticed that they didn't look the same size, did you scale them?

One thing I would like: the little jetty with 3 boats from Norway set of objects, make the jetty and 2 of the boats transparent. Then we'd have one single boat at our disposal. (I wanted for a long time such a rowing boat object)
About resizing objects, there's a thread on mod discussion forums where ranwers posted a screenshot with a gigantic pilot riding :lol: an airplane. He didn't explain how he did it. I'll fish that thread later and post the link here.

Hey FC

So, you CAN edit object textures? So it is possible for instance:

(1) Clone a tree, edit its colors , and make a new tree type?
Yes or NO

(2) Clone tanks, or vehicles, retexture the clone into, let say a desert camo?? Making a desert set.
Yes or NO

(3) Clone lets say that Italian attack boat, retexture the flag and hull, and make a PT Boat?
Yes or NO

(4) Clone those NEW solider models, 4.09b, retexture them as grey, and have german infantry.
Yes or NO

(5) Add more detail to already existing models?
Yes or NO

If so, this would be amazing...
You could remove the flags for alot of those ship models and we could use the models in the PTO...

TS

OK...I can have the following object.....an oil splash....change into a gun trench when hit (the live or damaged trench)

the only problem is.....whether we use a live or dead object....because we use it for a damaged object....vehicles can still drive through it as if it wasn't there...as they can with all damaged objects and buildings....

How can we alter ity so that it has the attributes of a live trench...so that vehicles bump into it and have to go around......this would also apply to the trees.....changed to the tree stump when damaged....I want the stump to still be an obstacle...

[Image: 2501200811-12-01.jpg]
[Image: 2501200811-12-12.jpg]

There is a collision object set of stuff in the sim file.

tater

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. not yet

ok, don't flame me over that one please .... can lights be converted into "whatever it need to be" object and added to the ships ?..... night carrier landing stuff

Z

spud Wrote:
FC Wrote:
spud Wrote:Can you post a cloned tanker? I can try to skin it (assuming you have the tga out)

Something like this?

[Image: th_42327_tanker_122_531lo.jpg]

FC

I just now noticed that they didn't look the same size, did you scale them?

No I didn't but rescaling parts of the ship is possible.

lowfighter Wrote:One thing I would like: the little jetty with 3 boats from Norway set of objects, make the jetty and 2 of the boats transparent. Then we'd have one single boat at our disposal. (I wanted for a long time such a rowing boat object)
About resizing objects, there's a thread on mod discussion forums where ranwers posted a screenshot with a gigantic pilot riding Laughing an airplane. He didn't explain how he did it. I'll fish that thread later and post the link here.

No need for that, make new object,find ship that have boat on it, most have, and use boat .msh file as .msh of new object.

FC

Thank you FC, nice idea!!! Big Grin

Wow ... this work is just incredible ... big ups to you all.

Just a couple of want list ideas ....

Can operational guns be added to the tankers or cargo ships ... I'm thinking like Liberty ships ?

... also would'nt a CAM ship be nice for those catapult Hurricanes .... just a thought ...don't know if that is possible.

Cheers Esq.

fly_zo Wrote:ok, don't flame me over that one please .... can lights be converted into "whatever it need to be" object and added to the ships ?..... night carrier landing stuff

Z

Probably, can you tell me where are files of lights?

Esquire Wrote:Just a couple of want list ideas ....

Can operational guns be added to the tankers or cargo ships ... I'm thinking like Liberty ships ?

... also would'nt a CAM ship be nice for those catapult Hurricanes .... just a thought ...don't know if that is possible.

I'm sure that guns can be added and adding them to cargo ships is one of the first things that should be done.

I don't know what is CAM ship but if we have suitable objects in game maybe we can build one, depends on available "Lego" bricks only.

EDIT: Little example of massacred tanker and with guns added.

[Image: th_66435_grab0000_122_9lo.jpg]
[Image: th_66436_grab0001_122_254lo.jpg]

You can see added and resized middle section, added guns with ninja gunners, parts moved and rotated.

FC

OK, so when finished we will have every cloned ship skin opened right? in the File or MOD folder, so we in turn can change whatever skin we might want? In other words, I can clone an entire New Navy , and if lear to exchange parts, actually build my own class of ship with existing parts?

OK, where do I star learning how to build ships?

AWSOM!