Somebody had too much beer last night?

Anyone tried to clone the flags and create new skins for them? So we can have Nazi German, UK, Argentina ( for my Falklands map )...

spud Wrote:They are ships like any other, I'm sure.

The scaled up ones will need new textures at some point to make them look more than just bigger versions.

Actually, is ships.ini changed for them? Can they be made harder to sink individually? It would be nice if the big one was perhaps. Also, didn't someone put AA guns on a ship that didn't have them in ships.ini? Perhaps the big one might get some AA?

I should imagine that when they are incorporated in the game...new ships.ini will have them.....so it should be possible to harden the wrecks etc.

You mean the flags on flag poles?

No, not yet, but that should be easy. Note that the US flag needs to be reskinned as well, it's a 50 star flag, not a 48.

The flags will be very useful for all the theaters, for example Italian ones for the Med, or my Argentinian ones for the islands

VT-51_Razor Wrote:Thanks FC, great shots! Have you been able to see what can be done with the CVE's yet? Is it possible to just lengthen the ships, or does the whole ship enlarge proportionally? Ideally, the CVE should just be stretched a bit, to approximate a CVL, without getting any wider. Just another 12-13 meters ought to do it. :wink:

It's easy to lengthen the CVE but I encountered the problem with take off. Problem is solvable but I'll have to carefully attach ship segments.

deSAD Wrote:Maybe i find some "shipmakers" here? I have a little question Rolling Eyes I won make battleship "Sovetskij Sojuz" (a.k.a. "project 23") from "Tirpitz" (see image here), but I don't know how to "adhere" a smoke to the second pipe Sad Somebody can help me? Thnx ...

I'm afraid that smoke attachment points are defined in mesh but I'm not 100% sure. But you can have just one smoke and call your ship "Sovetskij Sojuz"Minus :wink: :mrgreen: Seriously, I'll try to see if something could be done about it.

FC

EDIT: It seems that ships will not sink in 5 minutes anymore :mrgreen:

FC, regarding the smoke attachment points, would it be possible to REMOVE an attachment point, or just remove the smoke from a stack(s)? The reason behind this question is, if you are successful in stretching the CVE to appear as a CVL, then it would go a long way towards simulating the CVL by being able to eliminate the port stacks (graphically) and their smoke as well. The two classes of ships look enough alike that, with the longer hull and the removal of the port side stacks, nobody would be able to tell the difference.

I agree. But it seems incredible that we might get a entirely new class of Carrier.

I'd like the sails to be removed from the stationary fishing boats. Not cloned, the default ones. Sails unfurled by definition requires that they be moving, lol. Having the sails on those would be like having smoke (possible at anchor) and wakes (not possible) for static ships Big Grin

BTW, who did the coastal shipping for the Norway map that never got released? Remember that one? Very useful ship. I asked for a version without the huge norwegian flag on the side and it was too difficult (lol).

[Image: Render06.jpg]

A "Fox Tare Dog" coastal merchant:
[Image: FTD2.jpg]

tater

I remember that model, thinking it would look great in a rusty battleship gray! :lol:

I remember seeing a "Liberty Ship" screen shot that was supposed to be included with PF. Guess it didn't make the cut.

Here's a top down view of a Jeep carrier:
[Image: CVETopdown.jpg]
And here is a CVL:
[Image: CVLTopdown.jpg]
Here is a shot of the San Jacinto, home of Air Group 51 Smile
[Image: SanJack.jpg]
And here is a similar view of a Jeep:
[Image: JeepCarrier.jpg]

Little wider but not noticeably.

Sorry if this is OT, but since this relates with ships, is there any way to make the harbor concrete dock/plate appears longer? I'm thinking to minimize the amount of objects in the actors.static, especially the harbor docks.

Might make sense to clone and reskin things like RussiaPiterNaber100m, 200m, etc.

spud Wrote:Might make sense to clone and reskin things like RussiaPiterNaber100m, 200m, etc.

Tried using those. But the fences (can be cloaked by skinning, I think) and the sloping rear section still seems not right...