Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2

OK, I understood. So I will do.

First, you made a terrific work... I tried myself to make a map of Admiralty's Islands but when I saw you WIP pictures and those of the Slot team or Ashehouse... I went back to flowers and garden !

But I have a problem : I can load your map in FMB but I can't save a .mis file, nor I can't exit FMB, I need to load an other map and then exit ?????

Although I can load a mission if I change a .mis file made with other map, replacing the load.ini section in Notepad ?????

I've installed in MODS folder as it is said in other threads...

Any ideas ????

delvpier Wrote:But I have a problem : I can load your map in FMB but I can't save a .mis file, nor I can't exit FMB, I need to load an other map and then exit ?????

Although I can load a mission if I change a .mis file made with other map, replacing the load.ini section in Notepad ?????

I've installed in MODS folder as it is said in other threads...

Any ideas ????

I don't know, maybe the actors.static file is missing or corrupted? Having no objects in actors.static prevents from saving .mis files...

Maraz

fly_zo Wrote:
fido Wrote:
asheshouse Wrote:
fido Wrote:is there a way to install it WITHOUT new wrapper.dll? thx for reply

No reason not to install the new wrapper. It works fine. But if you don't want to --

Yes there is reason, new wrapper doesnt work.

When i use it, map list in FMB is empty.
Now i noticet that when i add all.ini into filelist, that FMB list is empty too... Sad

add all.ini means you have to open it ( notepad) and copy line from it .... past it to your original all.ini.

new wrapper:

game root\mods\mapmods\maps\all.ini

if this is your first map default all.ini is available in sticky

if using new wrapper with old files system than your all.ini should be in:

game root\files\maps\all.ini

And it works with new wrapper trust me ( or ... be sure :wink: )

no, you dont understand...
if i use new wrapper.dll or add maps/all.ini into filelist, then maplist in FMB is empty

edit: i have all.ini in right folder with right lines in it, at least i think

lowfighter Wrote:Placing buildings in continuous lines along streets, that's the right thing for simulating at least european towns. But I disagree a bit about doing it your way using 2-3 types of buildings. Surely it has advantage of faster building, smoother playing etc. But towns would look too schematic and very different from the real ones. The old core in almost each european towns is in most cases a charming maze of colors and different architecture styles piled very close together. You can see that even now, most towns have preserved the old core, that is, if they were not bombed too much during war.
BTW, nice to see you here Phil Big Grin

Nice to be here Lowfighter :lol: . It took me long enough to find it....

Yes, you're right we should talk about the look of towns elsewhere. I will only say one thing more and that's that I prefer the older buildings to the new ones. I don't like the way the newer ones turn into Toblerone tubes at medium distance. I prefer the older disappearing ones, which disturb me less. Which goes to show you can''t please everyone....

Besides, I thought you gentlemen would have increased the vis distances by now.....

fido Wrote:no, you dont understand...
if i use new wrapper.dll or add maps/all.ini into filelist, then maplist in FMB is empty

edit: i have all.ini in right folder with right lines in it, at least i think

ok, lets start from basics.....

with new wrapper game doesn't use filelist.txt anymore to load files. Game loads files from MODS folder first and from FILES folder secondly.

you have two options:

1 RECOMMENDED: move (not copy!) your original all.ini from files folder ( files\maps\all.ini) to the mods\mapmods\maps folder and update it with line for Malta.

- all new map mods will come with installer which will update all.ini automatically ( mods\mapmods\maps\all.ini)

2 remove all.ini from mods\mapmods\maps\ and update your original ( files\maps\)
- i don't recommend it cos new map mods will use mods\mapmods\maps\all.ini method .

*** for those who moved files folder into mods ( under any name) just make sure that it is the last one (alphabetically) in mods folder .... for example mine is named Z_BASIC .

hope that explains it better,
Z

still refuses to work, i cant load any map in the game, i ll try to reinstall and hope it will work

fly_zo,

Have I misunderstood the Wrapper instructions. I thought the files folder had to be the first one read in the MODS folder.

Fly!
Quote:5. Rename the old "Files" folder to "Basic" or what ever you like. Again, this should be the first folder in the new "MODS" folder.
(The link is inoperative)

CW

My files folder is renamed 1AAA_Basic to ensure it will load first.......... no problems so far, but I have only installed the Map Pack, the WIP West Java map and a few flyables.

For all those gents (like me) still using old wrapper, along with new entry in all.ini, these lines must be added to filelist.txt to made this mod work:

maps/mrz_Malta/actor.static
maps/mrz_Malta/map_c.tga
maps/mrz_Malta/map_c.tga_table
maps/mrz_Malta/mrz_ed_m01.tga
maps/mrz_Malta/mrz_ed_m02.tga
maps/mrz_Malta/mrz_load.ini
maps/mrz_Malta/mrz_map_F.tga
maps/mrz_Malta/mrz_map_h.tga
maps/mrz_Malta/mrz_map_T.tga
maps/mrz_Malta/texts.txt

Assuming that new map folder is files/maps/mrz_Malta, otherwise its path has to be changed. 8)

ClockWatcher Wrote:fly_zo,

Have I misunderstood the Wrapper instructions. I thought the files folder had to be the first one read in the MODS folder.

Fly!
Quote:5. Rename the old "Files" folder to "Basic" or what ever you like. Again, this should be the first folder in the new "MODS" folder.
(The link is inoperative)

CW

well IMHO its better that wrapper load first new mods and then old ones cos its easier to disable or detect problems . If other way around you will newer be sure that wrapper didn't found some identical file in old files folder and it conflicts with new mods .... and disabling whole old files folder to detect problem is not a good idea. And after all wrapper has been designed to load first mods folder and after it files folder .

Z

I had a little fly around this wonderful map last night. What an achievement! Excellent work. I love all the coastal defenses you have included.

Since this is a WIP can I offer a suggestion... the textures for the cities have a brown, desert-like ground texture, in-keeping with the climate. But, I was asking myself as I was flying over Malta, where all the lawns and green areas were? I have never been to Malta but I imagine that wherever the British Empire went they created watered-lawns, gardens and landscaping to enjoy their afternoon tea in. How about adding some greenery to the cities?

Ok, I'm now confused.. I try to follow instructions laid out for the wrapper and files folder and follow those instructions to the letter.. We then get conflicting advice and I've even had a post removed because of it.. I'm sort of in a vacuum here not wanting to post anything else on the issue until we have a cast iron, 2 year no questions asked guarantee that this is the 'official' way to correctly apply wrapper and rename, not rename the files folder.. Now, at the risk of being tied to a stake, blindfolded and shot, (as suggested already by an infantile poster who shall be nameless, but don't worry I'm going to beast him around my drill square later till his eyes bleed), can someone please give me the correct answer!! :mrgreen:

Trooper117 Wrote:Ok, I'm now confused.. I try to follow instructions laid out for the wrapper and files folder and follow those instructions to the letter.. We then get conflicting advice and I've even had a post removed because of it.. I'm sort of in a vacuum here not wanting to post anything else on the issue until we have a cast iron, 2 year no questions asked guarantee that this is the 'official' way to correctly apply wrapper and rename, not rename the files folder.. Now, at the risk of being tied to a stake, blindfolded and shot, (as suggested already by an infantile poster who shall be nameless, but don't worry I'm going to beast him around my drill square later till his eyes bleed), can someone please give me the correct answer!! :mrgreen:

official stand of AAA :

install new wrapper ....make mods folder (game root) .... leave files folder as it was ..... install new mods as they come ( installer will put them either in mods or in files folder ) .... filelist.txt is no longer relevant .

--------------

Now for map mods we don't have any new mod posted jet ( only beta) but here it is:

NEW WRAPPER WITH OLD FILES FOLDER

with installer :

1 before installation:

move your original all.ini from (IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\files\maps\) to

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps

example: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\all.ini

2 run installer

------------------------

manually:

1 put map folder into

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\

example: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\mrz_malta

2. move your original all.ini from (files\maps\) to

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps

example: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\all.ini

and update it with lines provided by mod readme

HI,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this map, outstanding work. Love the colour of the water. Thanks so much looking forward to the finished map.

Few pics

[Image: spit1.jpg]

[Image: spit2.jpg]

[Image: spit4.jpg]

yours stu