Somebody had too much beer last night?

Excellent stuff FC!! Thank you.

thanks FC...really looking forward to this......

I plan to release an all-in-one updated pack for my damage/trees/shipAAA/etc.....today....

although it is calledan all-in-one...it actually will have seperate folders for each thing......so it will be easy to disable any particular one...to check a problem....or if it is causing high FPS.....etc.

seperate static.ini.....ships.ini...technics.ini......AAA smokes.......trees......new objects......chiefs.ini......etc.

then if anyone makes a new mod which needs to add or change some lines in the static.ini or ships.ini....they can just cut and paste into that file....without needing a new seperate static.ini

all the above will go into the MODS folder in their own foldrs...and have a readme file to explain what is what

An idea on the human figures...

Is there a file for them that controls their scale, etc? Don't those files also include some rotation data?

Seems like it wouldn't be hard to make them lie on their sides. If so, you could make them lie on the side as the damaged state...

Strafe, and they lie down when destroyed.

FC Wrote:There will be few invisible people objects which will have soldiers attached to them so when you get close to them these soldiers will start running. Nice effects possible with careful mission building.

FC

That's great! FC, how close has the player to be such that these soldiers starting running?
Staging beach landings using this would be cool Big Grin

usually the little men run about from vehicles when an explosion is nearby.... and tanks and vehicles like to get 'nervous' and back and move about when an enemy plane is near

is this an extension of that??

A shameless bump here for FC, to see how things are progressing with stretching the CVE out a little bit. But also a question about this very subject as it would apply to a DF map. Could a CV be stretched a little longer - say by about half - in order to accommodate heavier weapons load outs? As it is now, you're doing well to just get airborne from a static carrier with 50% fuel, and if you want to carry any external stores, you'd better plan on bringing only 25%. A longer carrier deck might help with this problem. :wink:

VT-51_Razor Wrote:A shameless bump here for FC, to see how things are progressing with stretching the CVE out a little bit. But also a question about this very subject as it would apply to a DF map. Could a CV be stretched a little longer - say by about half - in order to accommodate heavier weapons load outs? As it is now, you're doing well to just get airborne from a static carrier with 50% fuel, and if you want to carry any external stores, you'd better plan on bringing only 25%. A longer carrier deck might help with this problem. :wink:

You can simply put two CVs one close to the other, to have the deck a bit longer. The two carriers islands will merge together and seem a larger island.

Maraz

I'm aware of that solution, I was just hoping we could have something a little bit more realistic looking. :wink:

I'd like to see a Carrier2 or Maybe Carrier3 :wink:

Scaled not stretched Tongue

FC Wrote:To clone ship or to make new one (that's just cloning with resizing, adding or deleting parts of Ship) you need to make folder with ship name in 3DO/Ships folder, for Tanker0 that would be 3DO/Ships/Tanker0. As you are making tanker than it would be logical to use existing tanker as base so you should copy your extracted Tanker SFS files into 3DO/Ship folder.

So you will have two folders there 3DO/Ships/Tanker0, that one is empty and 3DO/Ships/Tanker with original tanker files.

I did it.

FC Wrote:In addition you will have to make changes in 2 or 3 other files depending on armament of the ship.
These files are Ships.ini, Chief.ini and Technics.ini . Technics.ini is not necessary if there is no guns on ship.

I did it.

FC Wrote:When this is finished and you are satisfied with your ship, move content of 3DO/Ships/Tanker to 3DO/Ships/Tanker0. You will now have your Tanker0 visible in FMB but you will not have it in mission, that's what I have to do.

I did it.

But my "new" ship (tanker0) was an exactly copy off tanker (Liquid Carrier). I changed the skins and modified the hier.him but nothing was change.

I think that the sim don

You can't import new ship just like that. New ship have to be coded into game. When you are working on new ship you make all changes by using one of the existing ships and when you chose this ship in FMB you will see the changes but you will not be able to have new ship.

When I publish ship mod you will be able to use one of the new slots for your ship. In fact you can work with me on this mod, you can see in this thread which ships I plan to make so if you want you can work on some of them.

If you are good with skinning you can make skins for all of the ships in mod, my painting sucks and I need someone to make skins for new ships.

Currently I have 21 ship in "shipyard" :lol: Tanker group is practically finished and I'm now working on TransportWreck and SmallShipWreck. All of the "Wrecks" will be available as stationary ships only, main reason for that is because if you use them as normal ships than they have smoke coming from stacks.

Here are pictures of TransportWreck

[Image: th_72031_grab0000_122_810lo.jpg][Image: th_72038_grab0001_122_103lo.jpg][Image: th_72040_grab0002_122_83lo.jpg]

FC

FC Wrote:You can't import new ship just like that. New ship have to be coded into game. When you are working on new ship you make all changes by using one of the existing ships and when you chose this ship in FMB you will see the changes but you will not be able to have new ship.

Then that is my problem, thanks.

S!

Thanks for your time FC......that wreck looks good....obviously at that angle it needs to be place upon a beach....are there any with a list only...without the tilt..?

FC. in order to add a new ship to the sim its necessary to modify the file Ship.class and add the files Ship$XXXXXX.class pertaining to the new ship, right?

S!

Flak Wrote:FC. in order to add a new ship to the sim its necessary to modify the file Ship.class and add the files Ship$XXXXXX.class pertaining to the new ship, right?

S!

I'm not sure that I can answer this question without breaking forum rules.

FC