Somebody had too much beer last night?

How hard would this be to do? It's on my mind as I try to make "armor" attack missions for the QMB for the Slot.

Ideally we'd have MGs that move (no animation required). The "stop to fire" value enabled.

It would also be neat to have mortars that moved as well. The nortar is not animated (static object) dunno if that is an issue. I don;t care what it looks like, the player will see it at X hundred MPH, likely covered with MG hits as he strafes.

The combo of mortars and moving MGs would really create good targets.

Right now, I'm having a bit of difficulty, frankly, for lack of targets.

Stanger Wrote:FC and Archie thank you for the hard work and giving our Airgroup, Airgroup-51 our home the San Jacinto.
Now we can click our heels and repeat there is no place like home there is no place like home.

[Image: 22275OZ~The-Wizard-of-Oz-Posters.jpg]

Salute

[Image: sanjacinto02.jpg]

[Image: sanjacinto01.jpg]

spud Wrote:Something we desperately need.

We need to make a new set of "armor" that use infantry as the object.

At the very least the MG42. Give it a speed of ~1kph. We can then have them move, pause and fight, move, and so forth. This would be VERY useful in the PTO. We can also use the hold fire setting so that they wait until the enemy comes within X meters to shoot.

If this can be done, ideally the ROF would be reduced a little.

If this is easy, then I'd like to see a skirmish line (line abreast, rough, pretty widely spaced) of the various troops we have now. Some shouldered, some holding them in front, some shooting. Give it one MG with a low ROF and same slow, 1kph speed.

tater

This is funny, I had idea to make humans long ago and I even opened few slots for them to test the concept. I put that on hold as I was busy with ships but I started to work on this again yesterday and I was thinking about posting some screenshots when i saw your post.

In my test I'm using Car as base for humans. This mod is in very early stage but it is promising. I made few humans but I have enabled 10 slots although I'm using one slot for TargetBox testing.

I can upload this WIP for you and you can play with it. Most important is that all of your ideas are possible IMO and I know how to do it.

FC

PS I'll post few screenshots later.

:!:
FC, check with DCG guys if they need people as Tanks rather than Vehicles for normal campaign progress.

MiWa Wrote::!:
FC, check with DCG guys if they need people as Tanks rather than Vehicles for normal campaign progress.

For testing the idea I think that's irrelevant what you use. Maybe best approach would be mix of Human cars and tanks because tanks don't have those little animated soldiers that start to run when you shot at car.

FC

I think they should have a 30 cal MG though. In addition, the idea of using the mortar is interesting. Give it a low ROF, and even though it is supposed to be 81mm, I think a 50-60mm makes more sense. Max range 1-2km perhaps, 40mm gun as the model for the shell. I'm more interested in the effect, and given the lack of cover they need to be sorta weak IMO.

tater

Archie!! She's beautiful!! Is that the CVL, or a CVE painted to look like the San Jacinto? In either case, it really loos great! Big Grin

Archie, you've done it!

Maybe making the soldier to be armor is also good because you can then assemble a squad as custom tank column. The tank columns have the property to spread in combat formation when coming within enemy sight so then you'd have march formation when the squad column is away from enemy and combat formation when the squad approaches enemy. Long ago I've been testing a custom column of 8 tanks and they went in combat formation provided a distance parameter was set not to high but I don't remember details.

I was thinking that the best way would be to use (if possible) a group of the troops in a rough line abreast. Say 5-10m between men, not in an even row. Yhety would be ideal for advancing in a field. I'm thinking one unit = squad.

lowfighter Wrote:Maybe making the soldier to be armor is also good because you can then assemble a squad as custom tank column. The tank columns have the property to spread in combat formation when coming within enemy sight so then you'd have march formation when the squad column is away from enemy and combat formation when the squad approaches enemy. Long ago I've been testing a custom column of 8 tanks and they went in combat formation provided a distance parameter was set not to high but I don't remember details.

I'm concerned about tank panzer, both tank and cars have some good and some bad sides. I'll open few slots for tanks and than we can experiment to find what is best.

IMO mix of tanks and cars would be optimal solution.

spud Wrote:I was thinking that the best way would be to use (if possible) a group of the troops in a rough line abreast. Say 5-10m between men, not in an even row. Yhety would be ideal for advancing in a field. I'm thinking one unit = squad.

Line abreast is good only for formation that are advancing in line. On turns object pivot around it's center and if you have line abreast formation those in the middle will turn in place and those on flanks will make huge change in position.

If you take just 10 man unit you will need to spreed them across 50 m at least. That formation would look ridiculous in turns. I had best looking results with small, two bodies maximum, units.

This is just a test, these human cars are not final version.
[Image: th_98453_grab0000_122_383lo.jpg][Image: th_98454_grab0001_122_1192lo.jpg][Image: th_98455_grab0002_122_596lo.jpg][Image: th_98456_grab0004_122_380lo.jpg]

[Image: th_99113_grab0009_122_422lo.jpg][Image: th_99119_grab0010_122_740lo.jpg][Image: th_99120_grab0011_122_700lo.jpg]

FC

Amazing work mate!..

Very very exciting screenshots! 8) 8) 8)

Looks very promising!

Nice work !