COMING SOON! English Channel 1940 Final Release

Thanks Canon.

Nice work thanks CanonUK....

I was flying above Dover and then i was confused !!
[Image: 744160762_6_6UY0.jpeg]

So what must i do to show the radartowers on the map??

(Ive also have the AAA Com mod 1.1 installed, and using the static.ini from Saburo Sakai )

I installed this great map.... it took considerable effort and precise attention to teh readme instructions. I installed the seasonal modifications created by someone else. I have enjoyed the map immensely for many weeks, especially with Fighter Boys Campaign.

Now, UI 1.2 is out and does not include this Map. When installing this Map we had to make static.ini changes/additions (and add some related mods, TOW objects etc...and some new folders, etc). UI 1.2 is to be installed over a "Clean" UI 1.1

Is there a way to install UI 1.2 without it messing up my folders and files which are currently correct for the Canon UH Map???

Doolittle81 Wrote:I installed this great map.... it took considerable effort and precise attention to teh readme instructions. I installed the seasonal modifications created by someone else. I have enjoyed the map immensely for many weeks, especially with Fighter Boys Campaign.

Now, UI 1.2 is out and does not include this Map. When installing this Map we had to make static.ini changes/additions (and add some related mods, TOW objects etc...and some new folders, etc). UI 1.2 is to be installed over a "Clean" UI 1.1

Is there a way to install UI 1.2 without it messing up my folders and files which are currently correct for the Canon UH Map???

Don't quote me on this as I am not sure if it will work, but you could just try merging all the folders together. SO copy and pasting all the relevant folders for Canon's map and then adding the relevent lines into the correct text files. First of all, check which of the mods which are requited to run canon's map are included in 1.2. This way you won't need to re-install them. Then just go about installing the map as you did or, as you could do, just copy and paste the rellevent files to your mods folder. As long as you know where every file should be, then you should be ok.

Thanks for the reply/advice.
Keeping track of the relevant MODs needed for Canon's Map to work, adding text lines to the 1.2 version of static.ini and air.ini files, etc, etc.....basically I'll need to re-read all the Canon-related Installation procedures, identify all that stuff, maybe download again all the Canon files to find out again what text lines I previously added to my static.ini specifically for Canon...and re-do most of it after I install 1.2

Basically, I'm going to have to re-install Canon's map with its several twists and associations and changes to *.ini's, etc??? Whew!

MANY folks were praising and downloading and using Canon's map....am I the only one who is fearing screwing it up by the 1.2 installation....or fearing making a mistake in trying to "merge" the two...UI 1.2 and Canon's map?????

Okay... I've gone back to square one, used a clean 4.08m version, installed UI 1.1 (which includes 4.09b), then installed UI 1.2 on that (as per UI 1.2 installation instructions.

I haven't (yet) tried to re-install Canon's Channel Map on this 1.2 4.09b version. Too complex imho and prone to human (mine) error during installation.

I figure I can just fire up my current UI 1.1 4.09b PLUS (UI 1.1 plus about 15 other additional MODs I added onto 1.1, such as Canon's Map, some smoke and cockpit blood MODs, etc) whenever I want to fly Battle of Britain missions/campaigns (such as Fighter Boys campaign).

I'll use the UI 1.2 4.09b version for its attributes, among others being that it is a necessity to have 1.2 in order to install and fly the just relased Mig and Sabre aircraft.