Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2

lowfighter Wrote:Placing buildings in continuous lines along streets, that's the right thing for simulating at least european towns. But I disagree a bit about doing it your way using 2-3 types of buildings. Surely it has advantage of faster building, smoother playing etc. But towns would look too schematic and very different from the real ones. The old core in almost each european towns is in most cases a charming maze of colors and different architecture styles piled very close together. You can see that even now, most towns have preserved the old core, that is, if they were not bombed too much during war.
BTW, nice to see you here Phil Big Grin

Nice to be here Lowfighter :lol: . It took me long enough to find it....

Yes, you're right we should talk about the look of towns elsewhere. I will only say one thing more and that's that I prefer the older buildings to the new ones. I don't like the way the newer ones turn into Toblerone tubes at medium distance. I prefer the older disappearing ones, which disturb me less. Which goes to show you can''t please everyone....

Besides, I thought you gentlemen would have increased the vis distances by now.....

Messages In This Thread