zip_Alpen Beta2 available!

Well, i had some problems integrating railway stations into my map and tried a few weeks to solve this. I failed, the full map still doesn't run ;-(. So i decided to publish a version 1.0 with only a few stations in the biggest towns and some other changes on textures (indluding the rocky texture), airports etc.

The problem seems to be that the actors.static-tool doesn't sort the entrys of the inbuildings.txt. May be, that's why it's called "lite." It also seems that the game can handle only a limited number and kinds of such entrys. They are resulting from joining different building files like the autopop file with the airport file, the bridges file and other spezial buildings files. It also doesn't help to include the related objects within splitted autopop files. Extracting, editing and rejoining such files seems not to give the propper sorting at large. It also seems to be not only a question of the number of such wrong sorted entrys but also a question of their dispersal over a map. The problem seems to occur however only with very big actor.statics, although it's not a matter of the total number of objects. Interisting enough, much bigger files run if they are created with the autopop tool alone. That's confusing.

I wrote a lot of different programs to resort the inbuildings.txt, but nothing helped. I didn't found out how the original program sorts the entrys. There seems to be some order, but it's far from beeing clear to me. My be i am on the wrong track here.

Any idea to solve the problem? Till now nearly all published mod map are nearly unpopulated but i think, there are one or two maps coming that may have the same problem.

Messages In This Thread