Need help with Joystick intermittent delay problem

First post to this forum, thanks to anyone who can help with my trouble shooting this -

I have a gameing laptop as follows: Gateway P-7809u, Intel 2.53 ghz Duo Core x64, Nvidia Ge Force 9800 GTS, 4 GB RAM, Win 7 Home Premium [upgraded from original Vista]

I am presently pursuing the Tweaking/optimizing offerings of fireskull in this forum and have been optimizing only for performance with OpenGL. After editing the conf.ini and graphic card settings, I thought to dload the 4.52 software for my CH Products controllers. I mistakenly attributed a problem to this so I ended up uninstalling the 4.52 and re-installing 4.51. At this point I began to experience some joystick delays during dogfights, pulling up or moving the stick back [I only fly offline at present]; No hesitation appears in the controller calibration window, and it is an intermittent problem, not continually present.

I shortly thereafter went to DirectX from OpenGL, seeking aircraft performance improvements, my main goal of the aforementioned tweaking (for my computer, the DirectX is much preferred toward this end, ie precision of aircraft flight performance, especially at lower speeds vs pc performance re stutters, visuals, etc. , though I will further test OpenGL with setting changes) I uninstalled 4.51 and then attempted to install the CH Products software from the CD. I ended up creating some confusion to say the least, with scores of devices, Aux device, USB installed along with a flurry of drivers. I used Revo uninstaller, and think I have succeeded in removing all the devices, drivers and files from my computer, and am presently using my joystick and pedals with Windows game controllers to isolate the problem from possible CHPrdts corrupt drivers, etc.

I still am experiencing the intermittent elevator (only notice this axis interruption, obviously the most critical; may be all the axis). I experince this in other flight simms I have as well, so it's not Il-2 related per se. I need help identifying the possible sources of the control device interference. I saw from fireskull and other sources that certain conf.ini or graphic card settings can cause delays, so I'll try reduced settings. Here is my other causes list as I can see:

1) improper uninstalling of CH Products software/drivers
2) conf.ini and graphic c settings - lower 'load' [though my present settings are modest, again aiming at performance increases]
3) possibly related to switch to affinity mask=2 [??]
4) possibly related to Windows 7 Upgrade install over Vista
5) possibly related to a system glitch - some months ago I inadvertantly attached an Mac based wireless modem cable to my pc; seemed to cause a jumble at the time and the computer has been somewhat erratic since then, ie, desktop icons load slower, items load slower, nothing major but I've thought to go with a complete install of W7, but hoped to avoid this. I didn't encounter the joystick controller problem until just this past week as outlined above.
6) possibly related to the refurbished CombatFlight joystick having a defective sensor, but it's only 4 months since I had it repaired.

Any insights as to other causes or how to isolate the source would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time,

p3

Messages In This Thread