Map texture .tga files (Re: Chroma key map mod)

OK thanks , must just have been the few I looked at.

in any case its easy enough to make one, just do a gradient fill, select about a 10 pixel border and fill with white, invert selection and feather about 6 px and add gaussian blur.

Ok, i'll try to compute size for empty1a map and try to reconstruct map_h.tga. But now i have only fresh air, slow GPRS and nice vacation! Big Grin
Just wait till May 3.
:wink:

Hey. i'm back again!
I have compute size of empty1a map, and found it 128x128 pixels wide.
(very simple thing:a big square (e.g. A1) equal 10 small squares, and the small square is equal to 5 pixels of the map_h.tga file)
Well, map loaded successfully but there no good walls there. I made a little modification of Fisneaky file: white border about 3 px wide and central black square. You can see results below.
Wall almost hide horizon
[Image: grn_empty_1.jpg]
But we still need to deal with shadows. And some textures stiil exist on the angle wall, made it a bit darker.
[Image: grn_empty_4.jpg]
Although little size of the map, far side of the box still looks foggy and thus not usable for keying.
[Image: grn_empty_5.jpg]
Zip file with all textures and directory structure can be found here.
In airfield dir there is a directory called "c_ground". Backup your own original ground textures and rename "c_ground" to "ground". This will made airstrips "invisible". Smile
Any comments?

Brilliant , maybe use a Chroma skin version of (Kronstadt ??)ground plates for this.

That should accommodate static and low level shots .

Perhaps chroma skins in the Flushy cloud mod ( my 1st experiment) would help with masking the reflection on the wall.

There seems to be a very square edge to the wall . did you try smoothing that out at all?

Fisneaky Wrote:Brilliant , maybe use a Chroma skin version of (Kronstadt ??)ground plates for this.

That should accommodate static and low level shots .
Sounds interesting. Whrer to grab it? (simple search here returns nothing Sad)
Fisneaky Wrote:Perhaps chroma skins in the Flushy cloud mod ( my 1st experiment) would help with masking the reflection on the wall.
I can't understand, how it can help us. There is just another cloud textures. Could you explane, please?

Fisneaky Wrote:There seems to be a very square edge to the wall . did you try smoothing that out at all?
I'll do it tomorrow, first idea was to make most simple variant. Than i made gradient to make soft edge, it will expand up to border of texture, and fill out white border, which is need to guarantee equal height of the wall.

have to extract texture put these lines in SFS extractor filelist.
I can check tomorrow which is biggest plate as you'd only need 1 since detail irrelevant for Green screen. Can add to map or just use FMB+ to add plates in mission map.
Quote:3do/Buildings/Russia/Piter/Kotlin/Kronstadt01
to

3do/Buildings/Russia/Piter/Kotlin/Kronstadt88

I tried a green tga in the cloudmod when this subject first cropped up.

[Image: ChromaBeau.gif]

Update

Edited your map_h , but still cant lose all the "grain" from the slope.

Can work with it though

[Image: default.jpg]

Short test of green screen technique.

( I think it's getting there )

Yeeehaaaa!!!! Big Grin
I got something!!!
Land noise should be 8 bit grayscale (not indexed)texture, like Clouds256_orig.tga(i found it in _Tex folder).
Map was loaded successfull, but land was complete black. And i try ti use same type tga but filled white!
And it works!!! No black spots and stains on the ground!!!!
Next step is to remove that damn standalone trees. Smile))))

damn, it works only in ideal mode for landscape, in perfect mode there are texture fireworks. Sad

Perfect mode not needed here as landscape and water details are what were trying to eliminate :wink:

On that note:-

Sky=0
Forest=0
LandShading=0
LandDetails=0

The standalone trees could be re-skinned with an all alpha channel skin . (switch on and off with the"-" name)

Nice find.

Blue screen seems more usable because of lightnes degradation of plane skin, while using green chroma key
At last(NON photoshop!!! Big Grin ):
ground antytank battle (note some bowl wall lstill lighter than sky/ground):
[Image: grab0000.jpg]
Fly by:
[Image: grab0001.jpg]
cockpit blue screen:
[Image: grab0002.jpg]
a group close up
[Image: grab0003.jpg]

here's my conf.ini
---cut here---
HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=0
Specular=1
SpecularLight=0
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=1
Forest=0
LandShading=0
LandDetails=0

LandGeom=0
TexLarge=0
TexLandQual=0
TexLandLarge=0
Water=0
Effects=0

---cut here---

Well, is it enough for inspire? :wink:

That will do nicely, will there be an option for Blue or Green in final version?

Probably just switching tgas would be better as takes from same map, .trk could be re-run if theres conflict with certain skins.

Fisneaky Wrote:That will do nicely, will there be an option for Blue or Green in final version?

Probably just switching tgas would be better as takes from same map, .trk could be re-run if theres conflict with certain skins.
Well, i think green screen will be better for keing sea planes with blue-kind skins, so it will be both tga types in mod.
Now, i need to grab all options in to one pack and upload it to AAA.
Here's mix up with WWII tanks: T34vsTiger. Used keylight 1.2 in AE CS3. Notice nice and sharp border s of cockpit.
[Image: grab0003_00001.jpg]

Thanks for the limitless scope you have given Il2 movie makers here. Whether its adding real world or other game footage or just layering up massive bomber streams; you've given them the tool they need.

.... nice work gents , .... if there is a need for uploading it at AAA as map mod just let me know Big Grin

cheers
Z
p.s. do respect prefix method for custom textures , folders and map name.... please

Ok, let's rock!

1) Install any map packs (The link is inoperative) or (The link is inoperative)
2) get chroma map here.
3)Unpack files from archive to game root folder.
4) find game-root\Mods\MAPMODS\maps\Empty1A folder
there are few ini files
load.blue - for blue screen
load.green for green screen
load.ini - original load.ini(from Default Map Upgrade pack)
5) Load FMB, create your misson. Note, what map for screening is "bowl-like" vally, so no airfilds avalible. You have not get higher than 10k ft(3000m), or whilte horizon line will appear. You should create your path carefully, because of size of the bowl is small.
6)Play your mission, record it (i prefer and tested .ntrk only)
7)Owerwrite load.ini with load.blue to enable blue texturing(use load.green for green screen)
Overwrite textures in mods\Mapmods\3do\airfield\ground\ with mods\Mapmods\3do\airfield\blue_ground\ to make airstrips same color as landscape.
DON'T FORGET BACKUP your own mods\Mapmods\3do\airfield\ground folder if necessary.
8)use following parameters for your conf.ini (there are my conf.chroma for reference)
DON'T FORGET BACKUP your own conf.ini
---cut here---
HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=0
Specular=1
SpecularLight=0
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=1
Forest=0
LandShading=0
LandDetails=0

LandGeom=0
TexLarge=0
TexLandQual=0
TexLandLarge=0
Water=0
Effects=0

---cut here---
9) Do "machinima": replay your track, use point of view, capture desired view with fraps
10) Load result avi into your editor and use blue/green key filter
11)Enjoy! Big Grin

Well, my english still not prefect, so be patient.
I'll be waiting here for your comments/success/unsuccess...

fly_zo Wrote:.... nice work gents , .... if there is a need for uploading it at AAA as map mod just let me know Big Grin

cheers
Z
p.s. do respect prefix method for custom textures , folders and map name.... please
First of all - testing testing and testing. If it works not only for me - we shall officially call it ''mod"

Smile