Lybia N-E available (alpha version)

Thanks (again) maraz! Big Grin

Maybe this description can help too (from Frazer's book about Rommel):
"The defences of Tobruk, prepared by the Italians, consisted of two concentric perimeters, separated by some two thousand yards from each other. In each perimeter were a number of defensive nests, concealed dugouts and fire positions connected by communication trenches, eight feet deep,and with emplacements designed for mortars, machineguns and anti-tank guns... Each of the defensive position was planned for about forty men and was roughly circular with a diameter of some ninety yards. There was of course extensive wiring. Tobruk was formidable."

Edit: and here I found a sketch of a strongpoint at Tobruk:

[Image: strongpoint.jpg]

Thanks Bada for your excellent work. 8)

The first "alpha flights" are greats!

for my first flight i chose the airfield to the west of Tobruk......nearly in the middle of the map....and chose the southern of two icons which allow starting off the strip.....but upon the mission loading and a second after my plane was spawned....a clump of trees appeared at the same spot and destroyed me

[Image: 1905200815-51-27.jpg]
[Image: 1905200815-51-41.jpg]

then next time I chose the icon beside it and that was OK...

[Image: 1905200815-52-25.jpg]

nice map....wise to choose no surf...i don't think the Med is very tidal is it?
nice sea colour...very inviting.......I used to scuba in Cyprus

Are you thinking about representing the two main trails in the desert, south of Via Balbia, that were Trigh Capuzzo and Trigh el Abd, as lonf as other minor trails?

[Image: La_Marmarique.gif]

Maraz

May I ask ?

How did you get this mix of colors (0--->6) in map_T, manually or automatically ?

For my Sinai map, I tried something based on selections in map_h, reported in map_T, but it didn't work very well. That's why I made my own textures which I found better to break uniformity on large areas. When I see how you parse those different colors in map_T, I think I missed something... your textures fit really the relief...

So how did you make it, could you tell us your secret...? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fabianfred: thanks for the repport, the bug is noted.
Some parking starts haven't been checked! so , please feel free to try them (and repport the bugs :twisted: )

Maraz: this second "road" or more likely "the path" between el-adam and capuzzo, will try to do it!

delvpier: have done something like 20 differents templates of mixed textures, size beteween 40-40pix to 70-70pix, then applyied to map and test flew it to check for any ugly textures repetitions.
From those 20 templates (patterns in photoshop), i've selected 10of then applied and afterthat, made some empty zones with blackRGB0. Anyway, it takes a lot of time to find out which pattern has none of few textures repetitions if applied on a large surface.
The only way is to try them all!

Really fantastic MAP !!! It's incredible !!! I LOVE IT !!!!

In a word, it's THE map desert of the game. Fabulous campaigns could be create on this map !!

THX BADA !! THX BADA !!

you're welcome,
and actually, a little "suprise", follow the road to south from el-adam :wink:

Lovely - a good fun map with lovely texture use.

Found a little random bit of road on the inlet just east of Sidi mwha

thank you very much mister canonUK, it's a really compliment from a person like you, i admire and use constantly your templates for skin-painting. It's a pleasure to give something back to someone that gave something to you :wink:

Bug noted.

love it m8..cheers Big Grin

Sparty

[Image: Lybie.jpg]

[Image: Lybie01.jpg]

[Image: Lybie02b.jpg]

[Image: Lybie03.jpg]

[Image: Lybie04B.jpg]

Thanks for the job! Smile

Beautifully made. Well done Bada!

The more I fly in this map, the more I realize that is a real masterpiece. Your technique for avoiding repeating textures is very good.

I really wish there were historical roads. Please do not take this bad, but this is really the only thing that is a little bit off in this map.

If I had this map when I made my movie about Ju.87s over Tobruk, it would have been much better !!!

(For those interested, here is my old movie BTW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71hQIt0VUU)

Cheers
Maraz