My new textures for BoB.

Can you please give me the path to put these files into there was no Read me file in the download..Thanks

zeptrader Wrote:Superb textures and colour, I noticed that both files are the same, is this correct?

Ive also had a bash at doing a tga tree file to go along with these (for my use as I dont wanna step on any toes) Ive learnt quite a bit doing them and have combined both yours and the other BoB textures, i'll post a screen and you can see what you think.

The 2 files should be very different. But they do link together.

I'm using the files just as Lowland 0-3 and midland files. Still messsing with others to complete the map but it'll take a while I'm guessing. Hope they work out for you.

S! Comp

reflected Wrote:can we have those Spit skins please? Smile

They'll be released with the next installment of my No.609 campaign. This'll use Cannon's excellent map.

[Image: spit112hl2.jpg]

[Image: spit109vf1.jpg]

S! Comp

Murph Wrote:Compans; If, and only if, Cannon agrees, would you be willing to post the changes you made in Cannon's load.ini? I have tried a few but it sure does'nt look as good as yours.

No problem for me Smile

Try this:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

MidLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

Gents, how do I install these please???

Chris.. I'll be on TS in a bit and I'll talk you through it.. It's no drama!

Trooper117 Wrote:Chris.. I'll be on TS in a bit and I'll talk you through it.. It's no drama!

Thought you knew me better Dave :wink:

Compans Wrote:Try this:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

MidLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

Hi all,

following this discussion i tried to make these changes and took a look into CAN_40_load.ini.
After changing the lines the map looks now different.
But what i don't understand is i can't find the files, which were previously referenced in the INI file, like sk_LowLand4_fields.tga?
Do i have to load those textures somewhere else?
My _tex\land\summer folder only contains the whitechalk.tga file from canonuk's beta install.

Sorry, if this is the wrong place to ask or if this is a dump question, i just started to dig into this stuff and i'm rather impressed so far.

tia touchdown

I'll let someone else answer that touchdown as I'm still experimenting myself.

Use this too:

Mount0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
Mount1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
Mount2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
Mount3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

touchdown Wrote:
Compans Wrote:Try this:

But what i don't understand is i can't find the files, which were previously referenced in the INI file, like sk_LowLand4_fields.tga?
Do i have to load those textures somewhere else?
My _tex\land\summer folder only contains the whitechalk.tga file from canonuk's beta install.

Those are textures that came with the Slovakia map and are therefore in the actual game files. The reference in the ini was referring to an encoded texture file. You only need to have textures in the land/summer folder if it's not an original game texture.

Compans, would you please make the .tree files available? Now the landscape is 2d only Sad

@Compans & canonuk, thx for the quick response and your work :!:

And another thx for all the people, working hard to make this game even better!

CUA touchdown

Great work!

I!ve tried these textues ingame. My problem is that the fields are relatively smaller than they should be. I mean the planes are 1:1, the trees are 1:1, but the fields are like 1:2. If I had to draw a Spitfire parked on a field, it would be 60-70% of the real in-game Spitfire. You know what I mean?