Last Call For Zimbotho

What? No Zimbotho? Nonsense, everybody knows there's a Zimbotho.... :roll:

Opening the river channel for shipping is a non starter. I've messed with various means, including ed_map_T, but the river simply won't let ships through and I don't want to double the width of the channel in the vain hope it will work. I did try. Sorry. There's always static models though. It is an african map after all, a slow pace of life is acceptable.... :wink:

don'tforget, there ARE ways to get ships to go along the river.....it just entails a bit of FMB trickery, but it can be done... 8)
Zimbotho? I know it well (by now :wink: ) - it sits somewhere between Zimbabwe and Lesotho.... :wink:

Hi, I encountered some bugs - some airfields are like this one (Alembo):

[Image: grab0001-2.jpg]

[Image: grab0000-1.jpg]

I think I have all needed (Lal_Rone Hangar mod, Tarmac), or not?

You've changed a texture, either by rewriting/overwriting an original *.tga or by changing the assignment in load.ini. Either way, you will need to change your own load.ini. That I won't do, because it means I'm handing out custom versions to everyone.

Ahh.. I got it. Its the Kronstadt plate 7 I used to create a flat landing field (Canon used them too on his BoB beta). On my unaltered version the texture is invisible. Somewhere in your map/texture collection is a replacement that has that 'road' pic attached. It isn't load.ini, just a replacement texture thats causing the trouble.

Where should I look for the *.tga causing the trouble? I have searched many folders, but with no results...

If I'm right, the offending repaint will be found somewhere under your MODS folder. You could try the MAPMODS folder specifically, and look for subfolders called 3do. Hopefully you'll find a repaint of the Kronstadt plate.

Can I get some 411 on your attempt to make the river navigable, Caldrail?

Does a river have to be a certain width to allow boats to navigate?

caldrail Wrote:If I'm right, the offending repaint will be found somewhere under your MODS folder. You could try the MAPMODS folder specifically, and look for subfolders called 3do. Hopefully you'll find a repaint of the Kronstadt plate.

There were only some pieces of runway... it has to be somewhere else... Can you send me a *.tga - I would like to know how does the original airstrip look like. BTW where can I find the Kronstadt plates? Maybe it is somewhere close to them...

It is Ok for me now, I reinstalled Canon's channel map and the texture is as it shouhld be. Big Grin

mandrill7 Wrote:Can I get some 411 on your attempt to make the river navigable, Caldrail?

Does a river have to be a certain width to allow boats to navigate?

I'm not sure. The river allows the ships to navigate along some very narrow lengths, but not others, and I can't honestly find any problem with depth. There is a file called 'ed_map_T' which controls where a ship can go, but my attempts to make that work so far haven't made any difference.

Bug: It is impossible to land at Kasongo - the AI pilot obviously needs more place to land, because he always hits the trees (forrest that surrounds the airstrip)... The length of the runway is OK, I mean some free metres before the runway...

Duly noted. Kasongo will have a longer approach to avoid conflict with trees. I've had to do this with a couple of other airfields as well. I think thats one reason why default maps have their airfields on plateaus.

But still the idea of having an airstrip in the middle of a jungle is good 8)

I can't help changing textures around now that I've figured out how it works.

There is however one texture that i just can't find in the load.ini file, and I just can't seem to change it. Does anyone know which texture is the darker colored landscape that runs next to rivers in the Zimbotho map? Or rather, which line in the load.ini file i have to change in order to change this texture?

I'd really like to replace it with something more suitable to the other textures I've chosen already.

[img][/img]

This has to be one of the best maps ever made for the game. Just love the landscape and general feel of the map.

I like it so much that I've been re-texturing it with different textures taken from satellite photos. Some results are fine others not. But that is not the question.

I noticed that however many lines of texture I replace in the map load.ini, there is always one terrain type that I cannot change. I think I have gone through replacing line by line dozens of times and still this one type of terrain always reappears.

One member suggested it might have something to do with masks, but that turned out not to be case.

So I was wondering if, as creator of this map, you have any idea what I have to do to change the darker terrain type that I have encircled in red? Generally speaking it is on river edges. As you can see, it also forms quite distinct geometric patterns elsewhere and appears at odds with the rest of the terrain because of that.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Here is a screenshot:

[img][/img]