Slight MODIFICATIONS on BETA Canon-UK CHANNEL MAP ?

Ramstein Wrote:The new Radar are the ones in the objects file?? right? You must add them in FMB? After I downloaded the new files and installed them, I found some radar in in the objects file and added those radar towers to the Bob map..

Really? Now I feel stupid. I thought they were already placed on the beta map and these replaced the old ones... Thanks.

Okay, time for another stupid question. I just looked in the FMB and under objects and I have almost 2000 of them. How am I supposed to find them? They are listed by numbers. I looked at the last entries and there aren't any radar transmitters/receivers there so am I now supposed to look through all 1096 objects to find them? Is there any shortcut to finding them? Thanks.

I did not get instructions either I am just guessing.. and think I got it right..

in the objects file, whenever someone adds new objects, they begin at the end of the list. So you go to the end of the list and look at the pictures..
objects 1393 and 1394 look like Radar objects (towers) but I don't know what object 1395 is.

Never mind! I just realized my initial stupidity here. I mistakenly put the actors_40.static file in the wrong place (IL-2/MODS/MapMods/Maps and not in the CAN_Channel folder. Once I moved it there the towers show up like I expected they would. You don't have to enter them in the FMB at all.

well I did not see any towers in there and I put everything in the right place...

update:
After looking extremely hard and seeing the smoky looking towers on the map.. while zoomed out,, I zoomed in a looked very very hard and found them.. it was very hard to find the towers...
you still have to add the primary/secondary destroy ground target object over the area where the radar is for the game to recognize the target was hit.

Those are the same object 1394 objects found in the object list.

It is nice they are already included in the mod map.
Smile

Hmmm there's something missing in my install :despite I put in the right place this new actors-static, no new tower at all... but my object list has only 1101 objects :roll:

In what package are the new objects for these new radar towers ?

Sorry chaps! It was late last night when I uploaded that stuff.
I forgot that if you don't have UI1.1 you won't have the towers installed in the objets list by default.

GilB, with so few objets, you must be missing a lot of the addons that have come out. I'll try to upload the radar tonight for you. Otherwise, a search here will likely get you a link to them too.

Hello Bee,

What is the difference between your 2 versions of the actors_static file for this map, and how do we choose which one to put? I don't have UI 1.1 installed but probably more objects. Are there UI 1.1 specific objects required for your UI version? Sorry I am lost a bit...

How do I find out I have the objects required to make either version of your file work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Bee,

What is the difference between your 2 versions of the actors_static file for this map, and how do we choose which one to put? I don't have UI 1.1 installed but probably more objects. Are there UI 1.1 specific objects required for your UI version? Sorry I am lost a bit...

How do I find out I have the objects required to make either version of your file work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote:GilB, with so few objets, you must be missing a lot of the addons that have come out. I'll try to upload the radar tonight for you.

Sure :wink: I don't have all mods installed (and not interested to).

Thx to have the 3D, texs files & lines for the static added to your "mini-addon". :lol:

Here you go. These are the 3 radar components released with UI1.1 (Mr Jolly created them, I think).

http://files.filefront.com/BoB+Radar+Ma ... einfo.html

Installation is the same as any other objects install. Un-rar the file, put the BoB RadarMasts folder in your MODS folder, paste the text from the readme into your com\maddox\il2\objects - STATIC.INI file

:wink:

THX :lol:

Quote:

No more trees on sea if you try to use others texs (as Compans ones for example)

Just found an issue about using new textures with this "corrected" map_T file.

Within the load.ini file :
LowLand0 = land/winter/GW_Comp_french_fields_1a2.tga

For the Lowland0 entry, DON'T USE A TEX FILE with a xxx.tree.tga file, or you'll again find trees in water, sorry Cry

Anyway, I'm currently working on a winter version of this map :

[Image: winter-channel01.jpg]

I won't create new texs for it, but only using texs from my GW-winter pack....
If someone is interested, I may put here the xxx-load.ini content, as soon as I'm satisfied with it enough :wink:

Any chance of loading the radar components and modified actors file onto another file sharing site FileFront seems not to work.

asheshouse Wrote:Any chance of loading the radar components and modified actors file onto another file sharing site FileFront seems not to work.

+1 :?

cheers fruitbat

Ps GilB57,

Thanks for this little change, much better without trees in the rivers Big Grin

Any chance you can post your load.ini that your using for summer, just curious!