Norway - snow map, need testers!

Thanks for Norway. Edited some coops to use the winter map and all working great.
[Image: nORWAYWINTER.gif]

Fisneaky Wrote:Thanks for Norway. Edited some coops to use the winter map and all working great.

glad you found it useful Big Grin

Z

Also having fun on the Norway map. Flew a Mossie along the coast for a Jim Crow. Very nice, thankyou.

Nice map, very cool, even the bad weather at 12' Big Grin
anyway, the only one point that bother me a little is Banff, so all in white :?
is ther any way to have the asphalt and concrete runways back? :oops:

JV69_BADA Wrote:Nice map, very cool, even the bad weather at 12' Big Grin

Love the map!.. All I did was mark both ends of the runway with the 'fires' from the object list. Then marked the edges of the runway at intervals on either side with the large marker panels, again from the objects list.. From the air you now have a definable runway! :mrgreen:

Trooper117 Wrote:
JV69_BADA Wrote:Nice map, very cool, even the bad weather at 12' Big Grin

Love the map!.. All I did was mark both ends of the runway with the 'fires' from the object list. Then marked the edges of the runway at intervals on either side with the large marker panels, again from the objects list.. From the air you now have a definable runway! :mrgreen:

nice solution m8 .... i like it Big Grin

@JV69_BADA .... there is no winter texture for BANFF .... it looks kind of silly with summer one trust me! You can place several concrete or metal test runways together ( static ships/ testrunway) and have visible airfield again.

Z

ok, good to know, i use this map with parking start for coop's, will have to edit my template and add some objects to give some directions for the pilots :lol:

I was in a Norway coop a little while back; where we had to follow a jeep to the runways.

Had the chaps up all night putting out marker panels and flares as the weather was closing in.. Bless em!
But I've still got a couple of pilots who have yet to return from the last sortie.. but at least they should be able to see the runway now!

[Image: BanfWinter.jpg]

Trooper117 Wrote:Had the chaps up all night putting out marker panels and flares as the weather was closing in.. Bless em!
But I've still got a couple of pilots who have yet to return from the last sortie.. but at least they should be able to see the runway now!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Z

I used the brighter of the two white lights instead of the airfield campfire with mine....the normal red/green/white lights hardly show against the snow....
(new winter map version of my convoy mission in the mission section)

easy to change buildings and objects which have winter versions in the mission file in notepad.....just add a W in their filename

221_bld House$FinlandCountryHouse1W 1 5985.63 26989.10 615.00

221_bld House$FinlandCountryHouse1 1 5985.63 26989.10 615.00

I find in easier to populate the airbase in the summer version....then change it to a winter map

Flew the Western Side of map from the Southern Base to North, very Coool (I also flew the B-29 which I guess has no cockpit but couldn't exit out of game, maybe bug there)

Chebawookie Wrote:Flew the Western Side of map from the Southern Base to North, very Coool (I also flew the B-29 which I guess has no cockpit but couldn't exit out of game, maybe bug there)

well if its bug it got nothing to do with map cos its the same default map with changed textures.
...and b29 do have cockpit m8 ... do you have latest version?

Z

fly_zo Wrote:
Chebawookie Wrote:Flew the Western Side of map from the Southern Base to North, very Coool (I also flew the B-29 which I guess has no cockpit but couldn't exit out of game, maybe bug there)

well if its bug it got nothing to do with map cos its the same default map with changed textures.
...and b29 do have cockpit m8 ... do you have latest version?

Z
Hmm, I don't know (about the bomber ver.) it was just a weird thing after my flight I hit escape and then the disconnect and the button worked like it was depressed but nothing happened, had to ctrl+alt+del
EDIT: I Dl'd the latest Bomber pack and it works now, really cool I must say - those guys on that other forum can kiss my ass they don't know what they're missing, :lol:

glad you sorted it out Big Grin

Z