Lybia N-E available (alpha version)

It really is a beautiful map.

If I didn't have my hands full with my Battle of Britain map I'd be all over this one - I've always loved the North African theatre.

In fact - I'm going to put my map on hold for an hour a fly over Tobruk a bit Smile

thanks all,
Maraz, the roads are the same you can find on google earth/maps, and i'm not really sure, the roads are so much changing in the desert, i guess Big Grin

Till now, on every map i could find, the roads were never the same, even this morning i've downloaded some new maps and the roads, again are not the same as on the other maps, it's disturbing Big Grin

Those from google are "accurate" ...for our time at least. So i used them. that's the reason.

Some screenshots:

[Image: a_301.jpg]
[Image: a_303.jpg]
[Image: a_302.jpg]

Maraz

This is superb mate.. I love this theatre of operations.
Are you going to do other maps of the Med area?

thanks, yes, maybe, but not for now, when the days will be shorter and the temperatures lower, yes, i'd like to go more to the east, el alamein and egypt border, maybe even a slightly bigger map this time, like 450/500 on 350/400 km's. the very low number of objects on desert maps allow those sizes without pb's.
:wink:

That's good news.. Big Grin
Is this current Libya map final?, Or do you intend any changes..

Bada, what a swell job! Very well done. Nice atmosphere.
I think I have just found the "last place on earth".
A little obscure airfield on the northern edge of the "Sea of Sand".
What a desolate place to have been based!
Don't know how you can improve on this. Please keep up the good work. Much appreciated.

I put a single mission up for this map... ..."Anti-Tank Alley"....using the Hurri IID and Hornisse

Anyone have a working QMB mission for this map that they could share with us. thankyou

Trooper117 Wrote:That's good news.. Big Grin
Is this current Libya map final?, Or do you intend any changes..

Let's say, that the texturisation is almost final (99.9%) a few changes will occur because of some texture repetitions much too visible(at least for me), some objects will be added on some of the airfields for allowing a better "airfield visibility" when starting from the parkings, just to indicate to the pilots where the track is. Some roads and one train-track will be added (between solum and tobruk), adding the forts and artillerie positions around tobruk and small debugging of the terrain on the coast. and reworking the map_C for the transparent areas on the coast and new texts on the map. And some ground waypoints for the IA (and start place in dogfights) will be rearranged.

So, actually it will be slightly tweaked, but right now don't have enough time, too much work so the progress is slow.

Trooper, i saw some pictures on simHQ :lol: They won't gonna like this! ..."forbidden mods" :roll:

duffys:

Big Grin yes, it's a nice airfield, my favorite , especially when you put the plane down coming from the sand area. This part of tha map is "fictive", i've transferred the sand of sea something like 250km to the north. The part of the map under bir hackheim is more for alternative scenarios(because nothing really happenned there). just follow the central road from el adam to the south, you'll see why :wink:

Quote:Trooper, i saw some pictures on simHQ They won't gonna like this! ..."forbidden mods"

Well, I wasn't ramming it home or in their faces.. but I'm just doing something similar as Kristorf and VP.. A little advert here and there, but not outright stating I'm going to be using mods.. Anyone with half a brain can see it will be modded as hinted in the unit theatre of operations.. :mrgreen:
Apart from the maps though, and at the moment I may be using three to four modded maps.. (all authors will be justly honoured of course..) I've made a descision not to include much else as it will require minimum fuss when installing!...

I like your improvements that you have mentioned mate, and can't thank you enough for this map, it's so well done as it stands.. Can't wait for the finished product! Big Grin

S!

Just can

give me your email via mp, and will send it to you . :wink:

Guy's !
I get an error ,no map, runtime java, does one have to have a special prog ??
I installed as per readme :oops: Using 4.o8.
Help please !!
Happy Landings
ColaBen

4.09only i'm afraid, the textures and objects are from 4.09 Big Grin