My new textures for BoB.

How big is a field? I tested it down low and the scale seems about right. Fields in Britain have become a lot larger in recent years.

Compans Wrote:How big is a field? I tested it down low and the scale seems about right. Fields in Britain have become a lot larger in recent years.

This is true, during and after the war, with government intervention, farms were
effectively commandeered and the old manual way of farming became more mechanised.
This all sprang from a land usage map census in the '30's and as a result farm efficiency
was doubled within a couple of years. The knock-on effect was that typical field size
tripled. At the start of the war, however, this would have been in it's infancy and the
effect would've taken some time to show.

As an aside, any news on the .tree TGAs? I tried to make one. I failed.

Looks the biz, cherrs Compans (and Canon)

[Image: TestingTimes2.jpg]

Taska Wrote:
Compans Wrote:How big is a field? I tested it down low and the scale seems about right. Fields in Britain have become a lot larger in recent years.

This is true, during and after the war, with government intervention, farms were
effectively commandeered and the old manual way of farming became more mechanised.
This all sprang from a land usage map census in the '30's and as a result farm efficiency
was doubled within a couple of years. The knock-on effect was that typical field size
tripled. At the start of the war, however, this would have been in it's infancy and the
effect would've taken some time to show.

As an aside, any news on the .tree TGAs? I tried to make one. I failed.

I don't really know how the tree thing works. I'm still new to land textures and there doesn't seem to be a manual anywhere. Monguse helped to get to the stage you see in the textures. Any advice'd be appeciated.

S! Comp

You can download the ones I've made from here:

http://www.canons-skins.com/aaa/trees.rar

Instructions are included with the download.

Joe

Hello, Canon, sorry, if I make this question, but where are added entries in
Load.ini?

Under which, string?

Ah would not be more 'easy to post the file's already adjusted, you can throw without problems folders, maps? :mrgreen:

Thank you very much gentlemen.

Sorry my English (googleliano) :oops:

Thanks Cannon. How do you make these? Also...what is the alpha layer for, how is it made and how does it affect the tex in game?

S! Comp

Hello Canon, same problem here, I've tried to understand your instruction about renaming your two files "Compans_BoB_fields_1.tree.tga" and "Compans_BoB_fields_2.tree.tga" deleting ".trees" in the end of the file name and putting them into mapmods/_tex /land/summer folder,
Then I've replaced lines as x your instruction into load.ini Kt_channel map at [FIELDS] level with:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

MidLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

Mount0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
Mount1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
Mount2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
Mount3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

But now my map Kt_channel don't load anymore into FMBSad (calling a java error)

May be we need another help about how to install correctly please. thank you.

falco - the entry should be Compans_BoB_fields_1.tga, not Compans_BoBfields_1.tga. See the difference?

And also, I didn't tell you to rename the tree files. I told you to rename the textures Compans made.

Compans - check PMs Smile

Compans Wrote:Try this:

[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
LowLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_1.tga
LowLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

MidLand0 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand1 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand2 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga
MidLand3 = land/summer/Compans_BoBfields_2.tga

thank you CanonUk, but I 've read this.. now may be better if you could post your load.ini ? and also I've not quite well understand your instruction coming whith your d/l about rename the "no-trees" files plz any explicit explaining if possible. thank you

Up until you reach the .tree both file names should be the same. So whatever is less complicated for you.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Cannon- when I try renaming the load entry to Compans_BoB_fields_1.tga from the previous, I get a load.ini error.
Works Ok with Compans_BoBfields_1.tga but no 3d trees show up.

Murph Wrote:Cannon- when I try renaming the load entry to Compans_BoB_fields_1.tga from the previous, I get a load.ini error.
Works Ok with Compans_BoBfields_1.tga but no 3d trees show up.

Did you also rename the actual texture to Compans_BoB_fields_1.tga?

Basically, for it to work, you'll need the following.

In your _tex/land/zummer folder you'll need to have:

Compans_BoB_fields_1.tga
Compans_BoB_fields_1.tree.tga
Compans_BoB_fields_2.tga
Compans_BoB_fields_2.tree.tga

and then in your load.ini have entries for:

Compans_BoB_fields_1.tga
Compans_BoB_fields_2.tga

and it will work, and you'll have trees (with Forest=3)

Joe

That worked-thank you!

Good Smile