Map building question ... can't load in FMB+

Yes - I believe that's the problem. My file size went down to around 600 kb.

It's all so frustrating - all I did was change the mode to gray scale and "save", and GIMP automatically (I guess) applied the compression, whereas if I "save as", GIMP gives the choice of applying compression or not. Oh well -all this learning by mistake will help me edit the map making guide, right?

But I have no way of checking this out until this evening when I can get on my IL2 machine, and on top of all that, I am living in America's third world, and we are scheduled for 2.5 loadshedding electricity outages every night this week from 8:00 to 10:30 - my prime IL2 "playtime". Cry

never 'Save' with Gimp ...always 'Save as' :wink:

^^ That line's going in the guide!

Good news! The map now loads in FMB. Yes, the problem was that my maps _T and _h were not in grayscale, and then when I changed the mode to grayscale and saved them, GIMP automatically applied compression to the tga file.

Now I have some bad news, but I think it might be easily fixed: When I zoom into the map in FMB, beyond a certain point (where it switches to view the actual textures, I suppose), the whole thing freezes up and I get this horrible flickering. I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of it and close IL2 from the Windows task manager.

Could this be related to something I may have done wrong in "unlocking" the FMB, or applying the modded FMB+ ???