WIP mountain texture

FA_Cheech Wrote:~phasmid,

Absolutely love your new rock textures m8. Team Pacific has just started our new WIP - New Guinea - New Britain (NGNB) and these textures are perfect for the granite slopes which are so common to this area. One of the biggest surprises to me is how many of the slopes on NGNB are bare rock faces, and how reddish-brown some of these textures are - see Google Earth in the area north - northeast of Lae, and in the are known as the Eastern Highlands, for examples.

Purpose of this post is twofold:
1. Request permission to use your mountain textures for NGNB, and to ask a favor.
2. We really need rock textures that better simulate the reddish hues so common to New Guinea, and would very grateful if you could create some for our use. We will give thank you profusely and give you "top billing" in the credits when released Big Grin

...isn't it just a minutes work in Photoshop to change the colour or hue of any texture tga/tb ?

Yes, but he created these textures and I wanted to give him "first dibs" on creating the the "reddish brown" hues to add to the collection.

Just thought I would take the polite route first. Big Grin

Nice mountain textures

sorry for the delay. Illness in the family. I am still working on a pack of rock textures. All are welcome to use my textures just give credit. I can include a red stone texture if you like.

A question. One of the textures I have been trying is a pink granite. I get a strange effect when I view it from a distance. The area turns completely white like a snow cap. It is pink rock with cracks up close. I have darkened the texture many times but the effect still happens. I dont have this issue with other textures Im working on just this one pink one. What is causing this and can I prevent it?

phasmid Wrote:sorry for the delay. Illness in the family. I am still working on a pack of rock textures. All are welcome to use my textures just give credit. I can include a red stone texture if you like.

A question. One of the textures I have been trying is a pink granite. I get a strange effect when I view it from a distance. The area turns completely white like a snow cap. It is pink rock with cracks up close. I have darkened the texture many times but the effect still happens. I dont have this issue with other textures Im working on just this one pink one. What is causing this and can I prevent it?

Yep seen this before Smile

Check the size of your textures are 256x256, 512x512 or 1024x1024 etc. A size other than these will cause the problem your seeing Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

TYVM Neil

That was it exactly. I normally do resize my images to 1024x1024 but I forgot to for that tile. I would have never thought that effect would be from tile size.

Cheers.