W.I.P. ITALY scale 1:2

M$ FS for people that love to fly uses 1:1, for people that love to fight 1:2 is better as time spent flying only makes one appreciate the boredom of long transits
Me I love to fight so I am ALWAYS thankful for scaled maps

edited by fly_zo : way off topic ..... and you guys really need to find another way to advertise your "work" !

please no such attempts in the future ....

Z

Fabiansfred Thailand is 3:4 and is almost the same area.

Big Grin

Italy area is more populated and dense than Thailand ( with all due respect to ffb's work ) .... and look at the problems people are having with Alpen map ....

.... after all , it is author's decision .... map scale

it's real easy making post here ..... making huge maps is another story :wink:

Z

Lol, ok, totally agree Big Grin. But what else can we do...lol.

We will enjoy a 1:2 or 6:8 or a 3:4.

Big Grin

MrOblongo Wrote:Lol, ok, totally agree Big Grin. But what else can we do...lol.

We will enjoy a 1:2 or 6:8 or a 3:4.

Big Grin

so true Big Grin

Z

I'll be thankful and enjoy whatever the map makers deliver, whatever the scale.
For me, along with the new objects being produced, they are one of the major reasons I visit this site!..

THX for your hard work.......150GCT simply the best!

MAp size 1:1

Let the mission builder decide mission length by airstarting a/c etc

1/2 scale maps are ok for those that want quicker action but why make the map acurate in detail then compromise it on size for the sake of those that cant be bothered to fly it "as is".

I personally find it a shame the map builders put so much effort into making them look & feel accurate then chop them down for the sake of those that cant be bothered to use them as they should be.

Of course if the game engine can handle it 1:1 for me Smile

Well with 1:2 you can also do cities 1/2 the size reducing strain on the PCs and on the Mapmaker jejeje.

1:1 maps doen in huge sclaes are a LOT of work, I use to be a diehard fan of 1:1 maps, until I triyed doing one.... now I will take whatever mapmakers give me, hehehe.

Unles you go for a 100 Km across, 1:1 is very un practical, both making it and using it in game.

Very true... I'm hardly likely to fly 3 hours just to get to point A and then get shot down...

As realistic as we want things to be, the realism should never compromise the fun.
Otherwise we are missing the point.

How is this going?

MrOblongo Wrote:How is this going?

I was wondering the same. I am currently planning a series of missions for Italy as a prequel to my Operation Encore series and am currently using the Italy-Africa-Greece map as a guideline. I know it is 1/4 scale. But I would be more satisfied I think if it took 12 mins. to get to the target instead of 6. Other wise you wouldn't get as much height en route.

Some preliminary samples, but looking forward to your map 8)

[Image: Abby-at-Monte_Cassino.jpg]
Monte Cassino before its destruction, or at least I could do with what I am capable of

[Image: monte_cass13b.jpg]
For comparison

[Image: WhatAbbey.jpg]
What Abbey?

[Image: B26Hack03.jpg.jpg]
Lame B-26 hack I tried until we might have a real item in the game. They participated in the levelling of the Abbey.

Anyway, looking forward to adapting these missions to your map.

Thanks

Triad

Nice Screenshots! I Hope to rebuilt a wonderful Abbey like your.... :wink:

At moment I'm looking for textures: there are in fact different scenarios in Italy, Tunisia, Jugoslavia. It's not easy.... I'cannot tell you, but sure not less two months to finish project.

Oh yeah.. load me up, to hell with the frame rate, it gives me more time to pull the trigger!! :wink:

This looks sweet never mind the critics give me the boot baby!!! 8)

CS. Smile

After watching Triad773's picture of Monte Cassino I gave it a try to reproduce this abbey. Once in a while you have those creative moments...

[Image: MonteCassino.jpg]

[Image: MC02.jpg]

[Image: MC05.jpg]