Somebody had too much beer last night?

Tater if you wish I can send it to you, it's functioning and has no bugs, so all you need is just play with the colors to suit you.

spud Wrote:I think the row of 4 trees should be darker, period. I'd love a mod that would just darken it to make it more visible. Needn't be a new object, I think the existing one looks terrible.

I'd love to see it.

I've messed only a little with such things so far as every time I start I realize I have airfields to do, and quickly switch over to that Big Grin

tater

Trees sent...
I think I'm gonna try make a fir tree. Take couple of shots from sides and above in FMB of the random tree fir. And then use with the broad tree mesh etc. There's also an ugly bush among the objects called kust, not available in the normal FMB. Maybe do something about it too..

How do we clone a ship??

I've been trying all morning to get the tanker skin to show as another ship and not replace the default one..??

fabianfred Wrote:How do we clone a ship??

I've been trying all morning to get the tanker skin to show as another ship and not replace the default one..??

New ships have to be coded in game, I posted that somewhere in this thread. If you or anyone else want to make new ship than mod one of existing ships and when you are finished and if your work get stamp of approval from realism freaks I'll import it in game.

FC

Tigershark Wrote:Hey FC

So, you CAN edit object textures? So it is possible for instance:

(1) Clone a tree, edit its colors , and make a new tree type?
Yes or NO

(2) Clone tanks, or vehicles, retexture the clone into, let say a desert camo?? Making a desert set.
Yes or NO

(3) Clone lets say that Italian attack boat, retexture the flag and hull, and make a PT Boat?
Yes or NO

(4) Clone those NEW solider models, 4.09b, retexture them as grey, and have german infantry.
Yes or NO

(5) Add more detail to already existing models?
Yes or NO

If so, this would be amazing...
You could remove the flags for alot of those ship models and we could use the models in the PTO...

TS

spud Wrote:1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. not yet

Any info on 2?

What exactly you want to know, changing skins on vehicles is possible, adding new vehicles is 99,99% possible, I didn't try it but I don't see what can be a problem.

So far I tried to add ships and smoke, both work without problems, adding new planes is more complicated but it should be possible too.

FC

Tried cloning re-skinned vehicle by adding copy of folder to

"F:\'46\Mods\CarsTextures\3do\Cars" , and adding lines in

"F:\'46\files\com\maddox\il2\objects\chief.ini"

As per modified columns.

Is there another .ini file I need to edit to get it to show?

Fisneaky Wrote:Tried cloning re-skinned vehicle by adding copy of folder to

"F:\'46\Mods\CarsTextures\3do\Cars" , and adding lines in

"F:\'46\files\com\maddox\il2\objects\chief.ini"

As per modified columns.

Is there another .ini file I need to edit to get it to show?

You can clone only objects that belongs to Objects category, all other items have to be coded in game.

If you want to add new item in game, modify one of the existing vehicles,ships etc, change it's skin, 3D appearance or whatever you want. If your new vehicle is realistic and it is useful addition to a game I'll import it in game.

If you want to make Hello Kitty battleship than I'm not interested.

FC

Mea culpa on that. I thought someone had already cloned a vehicle.

FC Wrote:If you want to make Hello Kitty battleship then I'm not interested.

FC

Now that would heve been a world first!

My 4 YO daughter would love an HK anything Smile

BTW, a few ideas:

1. Clone a ship into an Object (point to the mesh for a ship in static.ini). Use a custom texture to make it look wrecked. Set the height above the ground to a negative number. Might work, no?

2. Clone a small ship that has some small AA (say 20mm). Remove parts of the ship that don't have the gun(s). Make the ship invisible, not the gun(s). Place it on land. We now have AAA with the "delay" value ships have so we can surprise airfields. Imaging a field with historical amounts of AAA, but it takes them a couple minutes to get their act together. You get ONE pass, lol.

Alternately on #2, we make a new ship that consists of a AAA emplacement (sand bag circle, log emplacement, or that piled dirt one), with the AAA installed. Same deal, it's a stationary SHIP, so we have additional control over the AI (quality, ROF, delay).

tater

Ok . pity

I was thinking of desert schemes for vehicles and armour.

SAS "pinkies" anyone? (adding mg and jerrycans to Willys)

Well, you CAN change the textures, just not easily make a new type. So make the desert skins, and have a mod that you turn on to play desert maps where the appropriate units have the right skin.

FC could you clone an Ilustrious, as is, I would skin them to be argentinian carriers, but I need to be able to have two differente ones. I bet there slots of uses for two DIFERENT Ilustrious, you could have a fleet of different carriers instead of all looking alike.

A squad memeber has allreday skined teh ilustrious:

[Image: grab0002yr8.jpg]

But I would like to be able to have a V 2 sailing along, not an exact replica calles V 1 also...

Please, could you clone an exact Ilustrious, so we can skin them differentlly? Realism freeks should not be agait it since it would be an exact replica of teh first one... kind of like we have now the Intrepid and Lady Lex for instance... Im sure the Australians would like to be able to skin tehy're ships with they're flag too, and even teh british migh want t have two ilustrios skinned diferentlly and not al exact replicas...

Does it make sense?