Somebody had too much beer last night?

Fisneaky Wrote:Ok . pity

I was thinking of desert schemes for vehicles and armour.

SAS "pinkies" anyone? (adding mg and jerrycans to Willys)

..don't you mean L.R.D.G. ? ...when were the SAS formed?

FC Wrote:
fabianfred Wrote:How do we clone a ship??

I've been trying all morning to get the tanker skin to show as another ship and not replace the default one..??

New ships have to be coded in game, I posted that somewhere in this thread. If you or anyone else want to make new ship than mod one of existing ships and when you are finished and if your work get stamp of approval from realism freaks I'll import it in game.

FC

Perhaps if you have the time.......you could make clones of several ships which are important....and make up the files to import them......and then leave us to make skins...

such as Tanker1/2/3/4/...tramp1/2/3/4....carrier Gen. 1/2/3....etc.??

make them as a blank pack....what do you think??

The "hunter" and the romanian boat (ther is a german version of same) would also be useful.

fabianfred Wrote:
FC Wrote:
fabianfred Wrote:How do we clone a ship??

I've been trying all morning to get the tanker skin to show as another ship and not replace the default one..??

New ships have to be coded in game, I posted that somewhere in this thread. If you or anyone else want to make new ship than mod one of existing ships and when you are finished and if your work get stamp of approval from realism freaks I'll import it in game.

FC

Perhaps if you have the time.......you could make clones of several ships which are important....and make up the files to import them......and then leave us to make skins...

such as Tanker1/2/3/4/...tramp1/2/3/4....carrier Gen. 1/2/3....etc.??

make them as a blank pack....what do you think??

How many new ships should be imported in game?

FC

best to hold a poll or something to ask who wants which type to make extra versions with new skins....

this is besides those who want to actually make new ships from existing ones by playing with their lego bricks

We need to extract the texture for object 612. Then on top, copy one of the forest textures (the WOOD tiles loading in load.ini)

On the sides, use an image like these:

http://www.siburesort.com/robins%20phot ... 0beach.JPG

http://iomenvis.nic.in/Support/fringe%20mangroves.gif

http://www.tropicalisland.de/KCH%20Sara ... mps2_b.jpg

http://www.siburesort.com/RB%20long%20beach.JPG

Better:
http://www.siburesort.com/robins%20phot ... d%20on.JPG

Obviously cropped and scaled properly.

Such an object would be instantly usable for the SLot and other PTO maps.

I'd make the sky parts on the sides transparent, too.

tater

fabianfred Wrote:...when were the SAS formed?

SAS were formed in about 1941 I believe.

Here is a screenshot of scaled up Tanker. Doesn't look bad at that size. You can see original tanker on same picture and Dry cargo ship. Big tanker and cargo ship are with vpmedia skins.

[Image: th_16069_grab0000_122_1159lo.jpg]

I'll try to make some other things with it too.

FC

FC,

The work that you , lowfighter, fabianfred and others are doing on objects are amazing. Is there a possability of a "library" of these objects that map builders will have access to?

CW

That looks great there FC........ you know, once I put a thread in ORR at Ubi.....asking if the ships in this sim were underscaled.....
looking at the biggest carrier and seeing how few B-25's can be got on it....compared to the Doolittle raid.......and just the number of planes in general on a carrier deck....
I know IRL they cram them together with their tails hanging over the side...but it still feels to me that the carriers are too small

just watching the movies of planes landing and comparing width of deck with wingtip to wingtip...

fabianfred Wrote:That looks great there FC........ you know, once I put a thread in ORR at Ubi.....asking if the ships in this sim were underscaled.....
looking at the biggest carrier and seeing how few B-25's can be got on it....compared to the Doolittle raid.......and just the number of planes in general on a carrier deck....
I know IRL they cram them together with their tails hanging over the side...but it still feels to me that the carriers are too small

just watching the movies of planes landing and comparing width of deck with wingtip to wingtip...

i always felt he same!!!

ClockWatcher Wrote:FC,

The work that you , lowfighter, fabianfred and others are doing on objects are amazing. Is there a possability of a "library" of these objects that map builders will have access to?

CW

We are still exploring possibilities here, unfortunately I'm not able to manipulate with Objects shape. It seems that their 3D model is simpler so only thing we can do at the moment is to clone them and change their skins.

That's unfortunate because you can put only Objects in actors.static so in area that is most important for map makers we have very limited options.

With ships and vehicles situation is much better, we can change not only their skins but we can change their shape too as you can see in my previous post. Here is another interesting possibility with ships.

On first picture i have upscaled tanker and aircraft carrier just to show relative size and on second picture is that tanker but it is banked at one side like it is suffered damage.
[Image: th_18561_grab0000_122_91lo.jpg] [Image: th_18563_grab0001_122_1113lo.jpg]

That can give mission makers lot of interesting options.

FC

@Clockwatcher......the things I've done with the palm trees and row of trees...are to make a destroyed tree....instead of the default, where the trees simply disappear....so any of the standard trees used on a map is OK
those who do not have my new trees installed...will get the usual disappearing act

those who do.......wherever trees have been placed on map in actors static...they will be replaced by my destroyed versions when hit

so when makingthe map...you need not be concerned with my trees....unless you want to put destroyed versions actually onto the map....and that would be better done in the FMB than with actors static

trees are very hard to kill...and although an explosion by bombing may defoliate them, I doubt if they are irrecoverably damaged.......shell damage is probably worse because of the shrapnel

certainly, living here in Thailand, I know that Palm trees are very tough, and can quite quickly grow new fronds

We can have cloned that tilted ships like objects?

Wow, that will add a lot to imersion.

that damaged tanker would be useful..FC

lets hope that a stack of clones are ade available for all these different ships....different sizes and inclinations :lol: