Malta Map WIP available - UPDATED - V1.2

For shure thats a small step for Neil Amstrong. But its a big step for mankind ;-) Thanks to you and all other mappers & modders!

nice maps......love the buildings

yesterday I made a new version of the Bomb Malta mission...using a flight of SB2 instead of He111...and piloted one.....excellent fun....and three made it home...none of the he111's did

Great job !
Congratulations for this map Big Grin

Just one little suggestion for the installation notes:
-For those using the MOd but not the activator, they will have to add also one more line in the filelist.txt to make the map work... (I encountered a loading error in the FMB, until I added this line in the filelist.txt ... I found the answer in the forum post but lost a lot of time searching what was going wrong)

THX again !

GilB57 Wrote:Great job !
Congratulations for this map Big Grin

Just one little suggestion for the installation notes:
-For those using the MOd but not the activator, they will have to add also one more line in the filelist.txt to make the map work... (I encountered a loading error in the FMB, until I added this line in the filelist.txt ... I found the answer in the forum post but lost a lot of time searching what was going wrong)

THX again !

sorry you had trouble with finding install info .... but we have sticky with guide for all types of installations (wrapper ; wrapper+files folder ...)

(The link is inoperative)

cheers,
Z

This was posted also in the Download Map section, when I realized it might not get noticed there so I posted such here too :oops:

------------

Any Chance that someone with the know how, and map tools could add a Runway at Hal Far? Not a visable one, but the Taxi wp's and Runway Icon on the map. The Airfield is already built, it just doenst have a Runway icon.

In building this DCG we are trying to keep it as historical as possible...

The Gladiators that went up agains the I-tie's during the Faith, Hope, and Charity days all flew from Hal Far.

We've set an Invisable Runway in, but you know how those are, no taxi and you better stay on the runway! :roll:

All respect and credit to the Artist, I would have simply Mailed them, but I figured it would be a Quick Fix to the Static.Actors list, and I figured someone in the community might be able to whip that together in a few minutes or something.

Cheers!
Dix

which version of the map would you want that for? the one with all the buildings ?

done for the high version... "actors_high.rar"

I also noticed that there were high concentrations of blank airfield plates at Halfar, Marsa, Safi, and Qrendi airfields....so I removed them to make it less of a hit upon the FPS

so beware when taxiing at Halfar....just take it easy and keep your elevator up Smile

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/4397 ... sions.html

new link.... :oops:

I have also been working all afternoon trying to get the runways and parking at Luqa and Takali to work properly.....

At Luqa the icons at 10, 12 and 4 O'clock would not allow planes to be set to them for either take-off or landing....causing a line of planes on the 1 and 12 O'clock positions to intersect

I removed the Red Arrow/icons from the 1, 6 and 4 O'clock positions to allow all three strips to be operational

At Takali the icon at 8 O'clock doesn't work either...but that is not a problem

Had to play around with some of the taxiing and parking waypoints to get them working.....

I shall update the actors file at my download site to have this version.....in about ten minutes :wink:

The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or
use our search engine to find a file or folder:

Thanks for making it in the first place, please check the download link Big Grin

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/4397 ... sions.html

new link.... :oops:

Thank you very much Big Grin

Thanks for Jumping on this!!! :Smile)

I've tested the Hal Far runway and had some issues. It might be I just need to mark the runway very well, however.. Everytime I head down it in a Gladiator it gets hellishly rough before taking off, I mean I feel like I was goin grather strait, but i dunno.

Eyecandy...[Image: HalFarRunway.jpg]

8)
[Image: Faith.jpg][/list]

as i said...I deleted all the original blank ground plates...there were too many of them....but I did put in a line of blank parking plates along the line of the runway

need to use campfires to mark the strip :wink:

did you get the latest version at the download site...I just overwrote the old ones as I updated yesterday...updated about three or four times too....lol

there was one download of an early version....don't know if that was you or not