[DOWNLOAD] New map: B29 Alley New DL Links

So I think the only way to solve it is to shift Kyushu block (for example) on map_T. I think the shift must be less then 8 pixels in both directions (8 pixels=1600 meter= the period of town and village textures)
But then you have to shift map_h map_c and so on...damit

So generally the rule would be:
any pasted block should start at some multiple of 8 pixels on the "master" map T :wink:

lowfighter Wrote:So I think the only way to solve it is to shift Kyushu block (for example) on map_T. I think the shift must be less then 8 pixels in both directions (8 pixels=1600 meter= the period of town and village textures)
But then you have to shift map_h map_c and so on...damit

So generally the rule would be:
any pasted block should start at some multiple of 8 pixels on the "master" map T :wink:

Yes, I was thinking about this night

The simpliest way to get it working is to place maps at multiple of 8 points in the container so we keep the original texture periodicity

The hardest point (but not impossible... just headhache...) is that for graphic files 0,0 point is left-up and for actors.static 0,0 point is left-bottom... so I need to recalculate all points and redo all graphic files... just headhache :wink:

But so we will have something perfect and even I could reintroduce one airfield on IwoJima... Smile

That's nice Big Grin

delvpier Wrote:and even I could reintroduce one airfield on IwoJima... Smile

delvpier Wrote:
SkyMaster Wrote:Hi

I've had an issue with the map,I can not load it in the FMB?
My game freezes and goes into the "Not responding" mode.
I then must ctrl+Alt+Del to bring my task manager up andthen end the proram IL2.

I have tried the download from both links,in the order they first appeared,
why two download links ? one should be removed I would think.

I have installed evry map available with out any issues at all,
but this map will not load for me and crashes my game.

I checked the MapMods folder and the .ini

All I could notice was the load.ini section was different from one download to the other,
I tried the delete certain section that was mentioned from the "bldconf.ini" but still it will not load,
it just freezes my game to Unresponding.

Like I mentioned, I have had no trouble at all installing any other maps.

thanks for any info

For crash... I'm afraid it is a simple problem of memory.... this map is 17600x17600 pixels :roll:
on my computer it appears in FMB after 35-40''....

You mention different load.ini... I don't think it's possible... I've uploaded the same file zipped from my laptop onto different servers... and I don't think Fly_zo has changed something for official download :roll:

Hi thanks for the info, I have it loading in FMB now not too long of time.
It does put me into "Non-Responding" and I have to end IL2 by task manager though when I exit the map from FMB or try and load something else from this map.

I got a good look at it in the FMB,pretty cool!
Okinawa updated with an Airfield ,it would be very realistic over-all and nice for big bomber missions,
against Japan.

As for the all.ini,
my 1 st download>B29_Alley B29_Alley/load.ini
my 2nd download>B29_Alley B29_Alley/load.ini

The 1st is longer by one space?,there's an extra space after B29_Alley xB29
Weird,corrupt download maybe?

I dunno,it works for me now and it's a nice map.I wish it wasn't so memory hoggish though.

thanks for the map and the response to my questions

in fact, it's headhache ++++++ Sad

I tried to use greed.tga to find coordinates of the container pixel where to place the left/bottom pixel of each map...

... and this is not so easy :roll:

in fact I think left/bottom pixel of each map has to be paced on a pixel which is a ( x16 multiple + 1 )

indeed, map is made of squares of 16 pixels with origin left/bottom, so to keep texture periodicity, left/bottom of each map has to be on a likely origin pixel... and that means ( x16 multiple + 1 )

But for now I'm a little confused with all these numbers... and I need to make some more tests... :roll:

I'll be praying hard for your continued sanity Mate, from the sound of it you'll need all the help you can get Smile

ringlett Wrote:B29 Alley is step 1, is very nice step

and now:

step 2

B29 Alley + Korean War OJ Map = Biggest map

step 99

complet pacific

step ??

complet earth

Haha!You read my mind!Would like to see some korean stuff also!Man Im going to dl all the Korean war plane skins I can find/Wait for American's F-86 Sabre, and possibly Mig-9 if he gets that far,And start hosting an EPIC Korean War server!Man if anybody would know of a full Korean war plane skin pack let me know! :roll:

Delvpier it can be as you said x16 multiple + 1 but also x8 multiple + 1 or x24 multiple + 1 because the period of the textures is 1600 meter which makes 8 pixels on map_T.

delvpier Wrote:in fact, it's headhache ++++++ Sad

I tried to use greed.tga to find coordinates of the container pixel where to place the left/bottom pixel of each map...

... and this is not so easy :roll:

in fact I think left/bottom pixel of each map has to be paced on a pixel which is a ( x16 multiple + 1 )

indeed, map is made of squares of 16 pixels with origin left/bottom, so to keep texture periodicity, left/bottom of each map has to be on a likely origin pixel... and that means ( x16 multiple + 1 )

But for now I'm a little confused with all these numbers... and I need to make some more tests... :roll:

lowfighter Wrote:Delvpier it can be as you said x16 multiple + 1 but also x8 multiple + 1 or x24 multiple + 1 because the period of the textures is 1600 meter which makes 8 pixels on map_T.

Well... :roll: need advice

Try to load for example empty1a map with greed.tga as Lowland 0 and look at left/bottom corner and compare with how greed.tga looks when loaded in graphic soft like Gimp...

and now, in unlocked FMB, try to apply a texture, a recognizable one if possible, like Airfield=Iwo03.tga and look where you can place the first complete texture...

and give me your advice, please :wink:

Delvpier I'm busy today cleaning for the party but I did a test on your map with Kyushu block. If you shift that block just 2 pixels to the right the textures positions will match perfectly the original. I used the 8 pixel periodicity to get this 2 pixel shift...

lowfighter Wrote:Delvpier I'm busy today cleaning for the party but I did a test on your map with Kyushu block. If you shift that block just 2 pixels to the right the textures positions will match perfectly the original. I used the 8 pixel periodicity to get this 2 pixel shift...

OK I'll see

Have a nice party and best wishes for new year :wink:

Thanks M8, you too have fun and a happy new year :!: Big Grin