The Slot

Even with that the forests still look fluorescent green. Try it with my modification from a few posts up.

I started drawing up Barakoma:

[Image: barakomaAF.jpg]

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

Some more in progress shots. Since I put jungle pretty much everywhere, even around the airstrips, I had to line the layered invisible trees with 3D ones so that you dont taxi in to them after you land:

[Image: slotmap9.jpg]

I took a short hop across the New Georgia Islands. Flight times wont be that bad, as travelling across New Georgia only took about 20 minutes.

[Image: slotmap4.jpg]

Munda field:
[Image: slotmap5.jpg]

Ondonga:
[Image: slotmap6.jpg]

Vila:
[Image: slotmap7.jpg]

Some tree covered lagoons and inlets:
[Image: slotmap8.jpg]

Most of the airstrips will be rather simple, basically just an area cleared in the jungle to place the runway, and large clearings for parkings.

Also, I reverted to the old Jungle trees instead of the Italian ones, since I realised that the Italy trees were some sort of fruit bearing tree texture. Atleast now it looks tropical with palms and big leaved trees.

TEAM PACIFIC

Looking very good.

+1 :wink:

Oh boy, oh boy. She looks swell. Can hardly wait!

yes... finally pacific map that looks like it should ( FB pac.islands). This is going to be the best PTO map in the game ! Big Grin Big Grin

fantastic !

Z

Very nice. Remember to have as many forested coasts as possible, it provides neat areas for barge hunting Big Grin

tater

It is real enjoyment just watching it Big Grin

Those screenies are gorgeous!!!

Would you mind telling me which textures are you using for the beach, the forest, etc?

I'm working on the Truk map and I would like to use similar (or the same) textures as you are using for the Slot

Try this for forest texture, the combination of Italy tree and Burma shadow make the best jungle colour methinks :wink:

[WOOD]
Wood0 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood0.tga
Wood1 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood1.tga
Wood2 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood2.tga
Wood3 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood3.tga
Wood4 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood4.tga
WoodMask2 = forest/summer/ForestMask.tga
WoodMask3 = forest/summer/ForestMask2.tga
WoodMiniMasks = forest/summer/MiniMask.tga
SideWood = forest/summer/ForestSide.tga

Then right doen the bottom, change Wood0 to:

Wood0 = forest/summer/JungleKTABurma.tga

Worth a try! Big Grin

fly_zo Wrote:yes... finally pacific map that looks like it should ( FB pac.islands). This is going to be the best PTO map in the game ! Big Grin Big Grin

fantastic !

Z
I DEFINITELY AGREE...WELL DONE!

You're doing great things, man. Good luck, bon courage!

Hi Spud, I would like to have the jungle come up to the water in a lot of places, but it just looks really bad. You cant make the trees follow the coast exactly, so you get squares of trees in the water, which look really awful.

Mariskal, I'm using "land/summer/grnd/fields_proc013.tga" for the beaches and the shallow coral effect in the water(water3=). For the forests I'm using the Burma trees and jungle textures:

Wood0 = forest/summer/Jungle0.tga
Wood1 = forest/summer/Jungle1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/Jungle2.tga
Wood3 = forest/summer/Jungle3.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/Jungle4.tga

WoodMask2 = forest/summer/JForestMask.tga
WoodMask3 = forest/summer/JForestMask2.tga
WoodMiniMasks = forest/summer/MiniMask.tga
SideWood = forest/summer/ForestSide.tga

and

Wood0 = forest/summer/JungleGr.tga
Wood1 =
Wood2 = forest/summer/JungleFar.tga
Wood3 = forest/summer/JungleFar.tga

Bee, the Italy layered trees are some sort of fruit bearing pine trees, and look out of place on islands that are supposed to have palm jungles. They do have a better colour though.

TEAM PACIFIC

Started work on Henderson+Lunga along with some texture tests:

[Image: henderson.jpg]

TEAM PACIFIC