Planeshine mod (specularity boosted up)

Thanks RDDR thats something when heard from great skin artist Big Grin

This looks excelent! Thanks Avala 8) 8) 8)

Thanks Avela,
You made my evening out here in San Diego.

What do you think can be done in terms of the sky textures?

Sorry Avala, that was a type "O" on my part Big Grin

he, he ....Miadstone .... you got me there m8 Big Grin

RDDR Wrote:Thanks Avela,
You made my evening out here in San Diego.

What do you think can be done in terms of the sky textures?

This is I suppose; original sky in original size, so I think it wouldn’t be a problem to replace it

[Image: Nebo.jpg]

But what we need is terrain color desaturating (to make it with less intensive colors) and maybe some increase in contrast and brightness. I have seen some RGB values, that I suppose can be altered for water (color of the seas) but I am not sure is there such possibility for the ground, that really needs to be less green. (which I think could be done by lowering red channel values). But I don’t know how to do that. Maybe some of the map makers noticed is there such file for that.

[Image: 1Original.jpg]
[Image: 1Desaturated.jpg]
[Image: 2Original.jpg]
[Image: 2Desaturated.jpg]

The third pic looks really good.
Kind of reminds me of the EAW terraign.

I test this mode and I like it ,

very good and fine job !!

Weird thing is the sky texture changed when new clouds was introduced (about patch 4.something). We need definitly colors change. If this texture of the sky is used by game, look how much colors are changed in game! For me ingame colors are dirty. Look at pacific maps, or africa, they seem like there would be a shadow layer everywhere. There should be a lot of light on them as well like on other maps without cloud layer.

[Image: panorama6mc.th.jpg]

I want colors like that Wink

Maybe Oleg changed then sky and introduced this which is more blue, but I think that the whole weather is reworked by then, Maybe if we can incorporate new clouds in that old weather, which is also more PC friendly . . .

Interesting I didn’t try this “Planeshine” in the old weather, thanks for the idea AnD.

Avala you're on the road to make a great mod. I feel it.. Just my 2 cents m8 ..8)

Thanks mates Big Grin

And I would really appreciate some feedback and critics

What critics can I give? None yet Wink , just downloaded it yesterday and I'm still enjoying the effects during "standard play", meaning campaigns or on online servers. This mod is just awesome! No exaggerated spectacularity, but a subtle change in the appearance of the reflections, causing a new level of depth on planes and just making them look more real. At the same time the metal skins appear spectacular as they should...didn't notice any exaggeration or errors up to now. Definetly worth to be moved from BETA to R1. 8)

We basicaly have to options.
We could manualy edit all the terrain texture files and desaturate them or we could hope for the global value that might be in there somewhere.
Your pics proof perfectly that we need such a mod - it would make the whole game a new experience.

Hunin Wrote:We basicaly have to options.
We could manualy edit all the terrain texture files and desaturate them or we could hope for the global value that might be in there somewhere.
Your pics proof perfectly that we need such a mod - it would make the whole game a new experience.

Agree just pay attention on contrast in the globla setting as I tryed in the past to make some little changes into my ATI x850xt card and result for clouds was very crappy (too white even with slight improvement of contrast) . :wink: