Planeshine mod (specularity boosted up)

Becouse basicly highest and lowest pixels are just fine. Problem is in middle tones. Adding contrast, you make bright to bright and dark to dark Wink. Can't explain it in english better heh. What you need is to change index, or tones in curves area. Leave dark and light point of curve on place, and change middle tones. You will see more light in scene, a bit better contrast, but not overbright in clouds f.e.
Btw. clouds in sun direction should be a bit like snow, very white and hard to watch, not like now greyish.

Ok. I paste explanation Wink

This is efect of normal slider based contrast with visible curve:
[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4295/kontrastdc2.th.jpg]

and this is curve edited pic:
[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7378/curvebs0.th.jpg]

Thats why I started to edit colors in graphic card panel with advance setting... adding to that separate channels (rgb) editing, you basicly can do quite a lot.

I still am pretty sold on your Pic no3 Avala.

When flying at that height if you look down at the terraign on a pretty sunny day as in those shots, there often is a soft misty like layer that creates a haze like effect between you and the ground.Not a blur as we see in the game at about 2500 metres but a haze that washes out a lot of vibrance

Quote:Thats why I started to edit colors in graphic card panel with advance setting... adding to that separate channels (rgb) editing, you basicly can do quite a lot.

But, remains the question, is there a way to achieve that “in game”.
There is also possibility that game don’t have nothing with colors, and light-colors interaction (so to speak) so in that case remains only (like Hunin said) to desaturate textures manually

Quote:When flying at that height if you look down at the terraign on a pretty sunny day as in those shots, there often is a soft misty like layer that creates a haze like effect between you and the ground.Not a blur as we see in the game at about 2500 metres but a haze that washes out a lot of vibrance

I have noticed that to, but I thought it was because my computer, Looks like on this pic that asheshouse gave, last post on that page. I don’t know what is it.

viewtopic.php?t=1559&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Finally someone found the sky texture !!!!

Since day one of il2 i complained to oleg sky was too dark, even taking high alt pics when overflying leningrad/moscow area to prove my point, all to no avail...

If you have a go at a mod of sky color please try to obtain this:

Basically no color change from ground up to 7000m

From 7000 to 11000, gradually change color to get at 11000m current 7000m game color

From 11000 to 20000, gradually change color to get at 20000m current 11000m game color

As a bonus, if you manage to get no star sowing at daytime untill 15000+ m, you're IL2 sky's hero ! Big Grin

rollnloop Wrote:Finally someone found the sky texture !!!!

Since day one of il2 i complained to oleg sky was too dark, even taking high alt pics when overflying leningrad/moscow area to prove my point, all to no avail...

If you have a go at a mod of sky color please try to obtain this:

Basically no color change from ground up to 7000m

From 7000 to 11000, gradually change color to get at 11000m current 7000m game color

From 11000 to 20000, gradually change color to get at 20000m current 11000m game color

As a bonus, if you manage to get no star sowing at daytime untill 15000+ m, you're IL2 sky's hero ! Big Grin

rollnloop

I must disappoint you. I am not yet sure that that sky is used for sky in game, but that is used in “view objects” section in game, and it is here:

3DO\GUI\ObjectInspector\air

But, who knows, probably we will find “real” sky. And I think that those tweaking with altitudes needs programming skills which I unfortunately don’t have.

ah well, so we're not there yet, let's be patient 8)

Arrow Avala can you make desaturated mod for terrain ? its realy great. Olegs colors are to ............ u know what i mean or Tongue

I/JG1_Adler Wrote:Arrow Avala can you make desaturated mod for terrain ? its realy great. Olegs colors are to ............ u know what i mean or Tongue

Well, I am thinking too these days is it possible, if it is, it surely will be. Smile

Avala Wrote:
I/JG1_Adler Wrote:Arrow Avala can you make desaturated mod for terrain ? its realy great. Olegs colors are to ............ u know what i mean or Tongue

Well, I am thinking too these days is it possible, if it is, it surely will be. Smile

Arrow My HERO :roll:

:mrgreen:

THANK YOU!!

Ingrease the realism sensation! Very very good!

MOD is LIFE!!

Update (version 1.1) coming soon :mrgreen:

Avala Wrote::mrgreen:

sorry where is version 1.0 ? can't see in the post :?: 8)

Avala Wrote:Update (version 1.1) coming soon :mrgreen:

Oooh, can we get a sneak peak? Whats new?

falco Wrote:
Avala Wrote::mrgreen:

sorry where is version 1.0 ? can't see in the post :?: 8)

Here it is:

(The link is inoperative)

viewtopic.php?t=1585&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Quote:Oooh, can we get a sneak peak? Whats new?

Oh, nothing completely new, more-less series of fixes. :mrgreen: