Thread Closed

The Actors.static - History (Read Only)

Okay...maybe my version of the tool doesnt work, or I myself, am a tool...here we go:

I have the master actors file for my Slot map. I kindly asked Spud to make a few airfields, which he did, and he sent me an actors file which only contains the airfield.

So I take the new actors tool and take my master actors and use it to get all those out* files. I move these files to a new location, to be used later.

I then take Spud's airfield actors and run it through the tool and get more out* files.

Now I open those, then paste the contents at the end of my master out files. I rename these files in*. I run the create tool and...zip.nada.zero.zilch. Nothing happens.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

just guessing here .... aren't we suppose to make new files inxxx.txt not rename out ones . Maybe it needs them both ( trivial and probably unimportant but anyway ....)

again .... just guessing

Z

edit : also check your map size and command line in create.bat ( or whatever you have named it )

fly_zo Wrote:aren't we suppose to make new files inxxx.txt not rename out ones .

What difference does that make?

Quote: Maybe it needs them both ( trivial and probably unimportant but anyway ....)

Tried that. Still nothing.

I even tried putting his airfield actors in another file and using "Paste from file" and that doesnt work either.

TEAM PACIFIC

beat me to it .....

check your map size (on both actors) and command line in create.bat ( or whatever you have named it )

Well I must be doing something good, because it creates the inBridgesReal.txt. But it stops there.

I've checked my commands and my map size.txt. Both are ok.

TEAM PACIFIC

time to call the cavalry ....

...please check your PM

Yeah, I experimented a bunch with paste from file last night to no avail.

If I grokked that, I could make a few useful libraries for other airfield builders. A few sizes of coconut grove, some prebuilt mixed treelines to make forest edges, etc.

tater

i'm just in the process of adding airfield to my BoB ( add to normandy original actors) .....

it takes time .... reading buildings ....

will get back how it went ...

Z

ok ... it passed with flying colors .... i have new airfield !!!!!

copied outbuildings stuff and outNStationary stuff .... renamed as you told .... and after five minutes voila ... new MWactors is here

seriously do check PM

Z

Does the DOS prompt close right after doing the create command?

Can you post a step-by-step of what you did Zo?

TEAM PACIFIC

one thing ( again trivial ) .... when renaming Nstationary i accidentally renamed it as instationary ( missing N )

ok,

1. two folders both with tools
2.first extracted original actors and got out files
3 extracted my actors (airfield only) in second folder .... got out files too
4 copied lines from outbuildings.txt and outNstationary.txt from second folder files into first folder files ( one with original actors)
5 renamed out files to in files in first folder
6 run create.bat ..... dos prompt screen present and i could see lines with operations it works ( few minutes hold when processing buildings ( read .... write)

after it close it itself and new file is there

that is what i did

Z

No in* files?

TEAM PACIFIC

Skunkmeister Wrote:No in* files?

what do you mean ?

never mind, I read you too fast. Wink

TEAM PACIFIC

Skunkmeister Wrote:never mind, I read you too fast. Wink

uhh , sorry must read while i edited it ..... my eyes are as bad as my english so i do edit posts a lot ..... and trying to hurry up ( not a good idea) to help you ASAP

sorry again

Z
Thread Closed