[MOD] Ardennes Winter New - V3 Released

Trooper117 Wrote:Mmm.. Thats ok for you to say with that smug expression 8) because you have it all going on.. eh? :wink:

...PM me

cheers
Z

Thanks- is was the renamed copy of the .ini file in the Map's folder I needed to create. Now it works.

Edit; This is a NICE mapmod! Not only the scenery improvements but the changes in elevation. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this really does the old Jane's WWII Fighters map one better.
My only wish now (I know Tab has no control over this) is that it were bigger. From about 10,000 ft. you can see clear across it.

tab; With Fly_Zo's fix the water problems seem solved.
Before that sections of river would appear randomly around the map, but not where the rivers ought to be. I don't know how else to describe it, and as I said the issue seems to be fixed by overwriting the two .tga files. Great work and thank you!

Is it just me, or is the download link from the original post missing?
EDIT: whoops, just saw previous post on same subject!

OK, I have re-uploaded the map. I have downloaded and installed the map. All is working, including the revised rivers. Please download from the new link and let me know if it works as its supposed to.

Is it possible for the download to be hosted elsewhere as well?

Rapidshare uses IP addresses to restrict per-user downloads and considers proxy server IPs to be users' source addresses.
If other people behind the same proxy download anything from Rapidshare before I attempt to start a download, it won't let me download as it registers me as already 'over the limit'.

As I am on a network with over 10,000 people going through the same proxy address, someone is always downloading from Rapidshare before me and I never seem able to get in to download anything! :x

Judge - check pm

tab; The new version works fine for me. I did notice this one does'nt come with an installer. But it's not too hard to figure out.

... version2 available now ....

for download see the first post !

fixed issues with rivers

.... guys this is outstanding work , random trees are just amazing Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

cheers

Z

I'm now wondering if there is a quick way to use campaigns with this map instead of the default one...

basically yes, just remove the tab_ prefixes. If you like, or, pm me with an email address and I can send it to you as the default.

Metatron Wrote:I'm now wondering if there is a quick way to use campaigns with this map instead of the default one...

this is the proper way : copy file tab_wload.ini and rename it as wload.ini ! ( ardennes folder)

cheers
Z

Got it working.. Good stuff!.
However, I still have the frozen rivers.. The pics show the rivers as normal water??
Any ideas chaps?

Trooper117 Wrote:Got it working.. Good stuff!.
However, I still have the frozen rivers.. The pics show the rivers as normal water??
Any ideas chaps?

well .... water in winter is tricky business

if you set camouflage to Winter you'll get ice for water in excellent mode .... in perfect you'll get it to look like water but game still treats it like ice ( no splashes .... no hydroplanes)

if you set camouflage to Summer .... water is normal but default skins for vehicles and planes are summer ones

so if you like to switch those options open tab_wload.ini (notepad) and edit it
(gameroot\MODS\MAPMODS\maps\ardennes\tab_wload.ini)

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER [color=orange]

Done that mate, but still showing frozen rivers in perfect mode..