Updated Reticles for US, JA, IT & RU 11/20/09

sorry, thats to high for me

i dont use them in the mod folder, i overwrite the cockpits files under files/3do/cockpits

Hello again. I have found a small bug in your Russian reticle on the I-153... I don't know if I did something wrong, but... The old ring has dissapeared, and I'm getting double loaded reticles, with just a quarter of the new one:

(The link is inoperative)

And for some reason on my italian reticles, the "glow" radius is smaller than the reticle shine radius.. resulting in an overlap...

Yeah, same thing happened to me too. The Chaika has a different approach to the way the reticles are structured. Mostly due to the combined reflector/ring & bead sight. I'm currently repainting the I-153 cockpit so I'm fairly familiar with it now. After a bit of messing about I was able to fix it. If you download the following and replace the I-153 folder within the reticle mod with this, you will be okay.

http://files.filefront.com/I+153rar/;12 ... einfo.html

Loving this mod Catahoulak9, thanks a million for the hard work!

Thanks for straightening this out Bee. I wonder why they used an iron sight with the optical sight. This arraignment seems to negate the advantage of the optical gunsight.

i dont think that it is realistic with both sights like it is in IL 2

Yet another, great looking, high quality mod. Thanks for all the hard work!

These new sights add a very realistic look and action to the cockpit... excellent work on these mods.

Thank's

Catahoulak9 Wrote:Thanks for straightening this out Bee. I wonder why they used an iron sight with the optical sight. This arraignment seems to negate the advantage of the optical gunsite.

I think you are correct, in the real 153 you would be able to stow the iron sight until it was needed.

Fantastic work on these reticles!! Smile I spent a pleasant evening copy/pasting, for instance to put your lovely 202 reticle into the MC 200.

Any plans to do the MC 205 and the Fiat G-50? Tongue

I hope, since many players don't have the patience some of us have to fiddle with these great little mods, that it is all included soon as part of a future version of the UI Smile

Thanks for all your efforts!

-s-

Thanks for the kind words Lodestone. The MC 205 and G-50 are available. I have posted a new Italian reticle folder with a few more cockpits here:

http://files.filefront.com/Reticle+IT+v ... einfo.html

And posted the link to deFrog's reticles here:

viewtopic.php?t=8736&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I know it's a pain in the ass to round up everything and get them manually installed without conflict. The 3do/cockpit folders are used by a lot of mods.

Sorry, I've never used the unified installer and don't know much about it.

I just updated and re-posted the links that were dead for this old mod. Check out the first post of this thread for the new download links.

hello
thank you for this wonderful work
I love the sights that you do

thank you very much!

You are very welcome heero12. I still prefer these over most of the new reticles that have come out. I try them all and keep coming back to these.

I agree, are very good.
more after the launch of UP 2.0'm having some problems with them
I took some SS, they is not like he used to, now they seem to have a zoom or something

look at the SS

[Image: 28122009101626.jpg]

[Image: 2812200950744.jpg]

[Image: 28122009103824.jpg]

pq you know it is happening?
the P-51D-20NT he recognizes the reticle fine and not of this error or know what it is

heero12,

NonWonderDog resized most of the US reticles in his NWD_Gunsights mods using new Z_Z_RETICLE.msh files.

HSFX and UP use his mod in their SFS files so you have to include a new Z_Z_RETICLE.msh resizing them back down if you are adding my US reticle mods in a MODS folder. You can resize them by reducing the values in the [Vertices_Frame0] field of the Z_Z_RETICLES file and including it with each new reticle.

I believe HSFX may already be using my old Japanese, Italian and Russian reticle mods in their SFS files. I don't have UP installed so I don't know about them.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you what I'm using now.

hello
looked at Z_Z_RETICLE.msh more so saw a lot of numbers and not understand anything
do not know what does what

Sad