[Mod] Updated Thailand/East Burma/Indochina map (new)

i did the bld work around and it saves. Smile

Saburo Sakai,

I can get missions to save for this map, but I can't play them. Are you able to both save and play your missions?

Cheers,

Riptide

don't forget to activate these...they are on the map

viewtopic.php?t=8844&highlight=lost+objects

Well here goes my n00b moment.

I was having the same problem everyone else describing;unable to save a mission in this map. What fixed it for me was to install the two mods listed in the first post of this thread and add the text listed in the "Thailand_add to static_ini" file that is located at Ubisoft/Il-2 Stormovik 1946/MODS/Mapmods/Maps directory. Then everything worked fine for me.

This is a very nice map fabianfred. Thanks for sharing it.

Hi fabianfred,

Sad I can't save missions with this magnificent MAP. I have checked with Winmerge that all objets from Canon's Channel map, LAL_RHONE's Hangar (1 and 2), the missing bamboohut, bamboohut2, housepacif6 objects and your new objects for this map are there, bur the missions refuse to be saved.

Could you email me a copy of your static.ini file to check what is missing from mine?

Regards and thanks in advance.

JC

I have the same problem as jcalonso. I can't save missions I make using this map. Also, I can't play them. I have installed the "missing objects", i.e. the two bamboo huts, Objects #400 and #401, and the green, L-shaped house, Object #412. Also, I have modified my static.ini to include the following:

[buildings.House$ThaiPagoda]
Title Pagoda
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/Burma/Pagoa_01/live.sim
MeshDead 3do/Buildings/Burma/Pagoa_01/dead.sim
AlignToLand 0
Body RockBig
Panzer 0.15

Unfortunately, there's still a problem.

Cheers,

Riptide

my most recent static.ini is here...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/4397598/27d3 ... aring.html

Hi fabianfred,

Even using your static.ini file alone, I still can not save missions in FMB. May be the problem is of a different nature?

Regards,

JC

jcalonso Wrote:Hi fabianfred,

Even using your static.ini file alone, I still can not save missions in FMB. May be the problem is of a different nature?

Regards,

JC

I had some problems with Cannon's Channel Mod that was in turn causing problems with this map. The auto intal for Channel Mod made a hash of my static.ini, but the thread for Channel Mod has the text and I added in my hand and it fixed. You might check that.

I have tried x2 to install this map using auto-install, but still cannot get it to work.

It takes forever to load and when the load is "complete", I end up with some green and red squiggles on a white background.

I have been unable to load this map since its release. When the dlv_Phillipines map was released I had the same issue - loading to 90% then crash to desktop if using FMB, or lockup if joining online. I suspected that the size of these maps were the sticking point.

I have an ATI x1950pro PCI-E video card with 256mb onboard memory. I was running the Catalyst 07.10 drivers, as anybody who deals with ATI product knows that the latest drivers are not always the best. I decided to try loading the 8.12 catalyst drivers, as the latest 09.10 drivers have gotten mixed reviews at best. I installed only the display driver and WDM driver, as I use ATI Tray Tool for config and don't want the Catalyst Control Center mucking things up.

After rebooting, I find that I can load BOTH MAPS! I have successfully flown using both maps, and can finally leave this issue behind me. In case anybody else gets hampered by this or a similar issue, I was getting error log files reading:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0xfa40a57
Function name=Java_com_maddox_sound_SoundPreset_jniInitLinks
Library=D:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\mg_snd_sse.dll

and a "sound.log" file that reads:

-- new session --
num channels 32
cannot open file for reading
Cannot open audio file samples/Jumo211_2701.wav
cannot open file for reading
Cannot open audio file samples/xJumo211_2701.wav
Speaker config restored.
Audio finished.

Even though the errors seem sound related, it turns out the issue was video drivers.

I have an Nvidia card but also have the problem of being unable to save missions.

As Sakai experienced, the bldconfig work around worked for me. I can save missions and fly them.

1.the can_channel has 24 objects in static,check again(don't use autoinstall)
2.TanksTextures_by_Boser has a com\maddox\il2\objects\technics.ini in tanks file,
move to STD
3.the thailand's static,check again
4.you must have RWD-8(i use eng0.93,no this aircraft)
5.no need to change bld
now all can and thai map mission can save