[Mod] Zip_Alpen V.1.2 - Final version + smaller actors patch

zipzapp - thanks for this brilliant map. Just one request - is it possible for you to put names to the airfields? It makes it easier for mission builders to find the one they need (e.g. Ainring) without having to Google Earth it!

THS ZIP Wink

beautiful map , I tried it really is amazing.
great job, thanks again.

ths ths ths

Looks beautiful!

The airfield near the matterhorn and the ground texture underneath the train station in Milan don't seem to have a texture though. I couldn't find the readme anywhere. Is it supposed to be like this?

HA! I found it very challenging to take off in a BF 109 G from that very airstrip Confusedhock: Perhaps because of the altitude, I had trouble getting up and flipped at the end of the runway- but instead of ploughing into the ground I sped over a cliff- at which point I was able to have enough time to recognise my inverted position soon enough to right myself and get my wheels up :oops:

I have a track of it I may post as a short video as a 'hair-raising take off.'

nice

Cry

I admit i'm no good at modding and coding and the like, so could some one tell me how to make this accessible to use in quick missions? I have QMBplus, and I have added the map to conf.ini but when i try to fly it, I have 'wrong target selected'

Triad773 Wrote:Cool Avatar!

Can you share this? It'd be great Smile

My single "none" quick mission that I made? I guess so, but the amount of time it would take me to create an account somewhere so I can upload it and then do so is a lot longer than it would take you to make one like I have yourself! The one I made is nothing special and only took me about 3 minutes total to create. If you are truly unable to make one yourself I will but give it a shot first.

Boosher, the place in Milan is made of finest snow-white marble from Carrera... but you are right with the texture around the airport near the Matterhorn and elsewhere. I forgott to mask a texture here ... think that will be fix No. 1. I know now how Bill Gates felt a day after the release of vista ;-)

Triad, hope you noticed the grinning face of the observer sitting at the cliff. But this catching a plane works only with fighters, bombers are crashing for some reason.

OK, zippzapp... I will send it to you !!!

Just give me your e-mail address by MP, please...

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Unplayble, way too big for a older pc that excellent is the max settings you can have.

Mission building irretating as the mouse responds in 1-2 sec stutters, loading time really loooooooooong, close to 2 minutes.

No thanks for these huge maps.

Still have to give respect for your hard work . :wink:

letku Wrote:Unplayble, way too big for a older pc that excellent is the max settings you can have.

Mission building irretating as the mouse responds in 1-2 sec stutters, loading time really loooooooooong, close to 2 minutes.

No thanks for these huge maps.

Still have to give respect for your hard work . :wink:

you can decrease loading time drastically by editing ed_map01/02/03.tga's ( change rez. ... indexed colors ...anything which would decrease file size ) .

regards
Z

Avatar, if you could upload it, that'd be awesome.

I honestly can't use the single missions editor (i can't pklace objects or set up flights.... anything, really), and haven't a clue how to make a quick mission for custom maps (and boy, would I love to be able to!). I guess I sound like a moron, but there you go. If you could say how i can create quick missions for custom maps, that'd be great

I go to FMB, click to load this map and after a long loading time (3 to 6 minutes, i guess) a window saying "Loading landscape" appears and one minute after that my Il2 crashes and back to Windows desktop (a CTD). Cry

chug_muffin Wrote:Avatar, if you could upload it, that'd be awesome.

Triad773 kindly offered to place them up (I just sent him the 2 missions, Red and Blue, for the "None" slot in QMB+ I have) for others to download. After he tests them on his rig I'm sure he'll post where they can be gotten.

Just in time! (sort of Wink )

While I hadn't had time to test them, I put them here
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5e73 ... b9a8902bda

I will post in the Missions section as well, so if there are any issues post that there.
(Located here viewtopic.php?p=100626#100626)

I can tell you that they are both air starts, but if anyone has the skill and/or time to make some scramble missions or other types, that'd be cool as well.

Thanks Avatar 8)

Cheers

Triad