[Download] Bessarabia - New population V.1.1 final

The texture for Slovakia villages is
land/summer/sk_country_mount.tga
The template, well if you don't have time to do it I may ask the others or I can give mine which I created some time ago (though I prefer to see nice stuff coming from others Big Grin) . We can talk later...

Bad luck. The slovakia textures are only 95% compatible. That would be solvable, but that relates also to the original citys. I don't have the original templates (i failed till now to extract templates from existing maps) and there is an other problem: I did not touch the original buildings (except a handfull misplaced) but just placed new objects inbetween the existing ones. This is a mod of an existing map and not a new map from the scratch. For that there would be better possibilitys, i think. So i would also have to extract all railway stations, the Odessa habour and special objects from the original map. Also this would be possible, but this mod was meant as a one-weekend-mod ;-)

But there is no problem to use an other template for the Dcountry.tga or even to exchanges this with an other one, except the size of static.actors. I added a lot of trees and used smaler buildings, the prize for this are more than 200.000 additional objects to the former version and size now ist 10 Megs and a little (Quite the same als Alpen_est and Alpen_west). But there are only a few hundrets Dcountry tiles around Odessa, so that doesn't matter.

An other possybility would be only to change the added villages; i only used two templates here. But even this would mean to make the map a third time, and it would be better if someone else would make a completly new map instead with all possibilitys. The airports for example are nearly unpopulated.

Of course the diffence in the slovakia tiles is only little, one will not notice any faults under normal circumstances. So the easyest waywould be just to edit the load.ini ;-)

Yes, pretty complicated and time consuming... I think just go ahead having your stuff done. If Zaelu can create a Bessarabia village template based on slovakia texture, I'll try deleting the original village objects and create the new ones using Zaelu's template. We'll see...
The main point we Romanians wanted to make was that the original village model has NO resemblance to the real Bessarabia (and Romania too) villages. And that the Slovakian village model is very very close to what we should have for Bessarabia (or Romania) (big concentration of houses along the main village lanes)

Thanks for your understanding. A full new village and city population would be the most easy, if you have the templates, exept to recreate railway objects (I think i have a "railway objects and surrounding objects"- extracter laying somewere around, just tell if you need it) and other special installations. It's easy to extract the groundplates and would be better to create new airport population anyway.

So tomorrow wll send the overworked bess-mod-map (smaller buildings, more trees) to Fly_zo.

Thanks Zipzapp, I do have a tool doing all that, it's called FogofWar by Flying Nutcase (intended for randomizing ground activity/objects for missions and campaigns, but it works nicely with maps too and you can extract/rediuce/eliminate whatever you want form the actors). It's a wonderful toy. Too bad he's not (yet) releasing a public version)

Nice that someone tried to improve my Bessarabia-map... thanks.

You might find it interesting that I reworked Bessarabia after 4.09beta:
- All airfields are changed / improved for AI and more nice
- Much higher density of buildings in settlements
- more objetc groups like harbours, industries etc.
Altogether, I think the amount of objects is ca. 2.5 times higher then the original Bessarabia. I.e., the full actors.static is 5.5MB now.

If a final 4.09 incl. this stuff will not be released by Christmas Cry , I will give the actors.static to the AAA-community :wink: .

That's nice! Is it possible to start your own thread in map discussion forum and post some screenshots?

yogy Wrote:Nice that someone tried to improve my Bessarabia-map... thanks.

You might find it interesting that I reworked Bessarabia after 4.09beta:
- All airfields are changed / improved for AI and more nice
- Much higher density of buildings in settlements
- more objetc groups like harbours, industries etc.
Altogether, I think the amount of objects is ca. 2.5 times higher then the original Bessarabia. I.e., the full actors.static is 5.5MB now.

If a final 4.09 incl. this stuff will not be released by Christmas Cry , I will give the actors.static to the AAA-community :wink: .

Thanks that you doesn't seem to be angry about the mod. I think there where a lot of limitations you and your co-workers had to follow for the offical map. I once read at the beginning only 50.000 objects in a map where alowed. It's 60 times more here ... with the result of a crash to desktop under some circumstances. Dont't know the highest possible number to avoid this.

Outstanding work zipzapp, well done and many many thanks :wink:

Nice, villages look credible now, thanks!

yogy - any chance of uploading that static.ini?

Thanks in advance.....

How do you integrate such a map into the single player campaign.. ie: Romanian, German, Russian campaigns of 1941 & 1944

thanks

The map is perfect but forr me personnally it's unplayable: too many objects so my game crashes every 5 mins while using this map:

[Image: Clip_5.jpg]

Gann Wrote:The map is perfect but forr me personnally it's unplayable: too many objects so my game crashes every 5 mins while using this map:

I had the same thing with another map (coincidentally it was another map by ZipZapp: the full version of his great Alpen map). After a 20 minutes play I always had a CTD. It seemed to be a CPU or graphics card issue.
Another forum member gave me the tip to start recording after starting up the "problematic" map. And it worked. Don't ask me why or how comes but it worked for me. Big Grin
So give it a try and record your track for a while, not necessary to record the whole flight, and hopefully this method will work for you too.

Cheers,

L.

Lejo Wrote:
Gann Wrote:The map is perfect but forr me personnally it's unplayable: too many objects so my game crashes every 5 mins while using this map:

I had the same thing with another map (coincidentally it was another map by ZipZapp: the full version of his great Alpen map). After a 20 minutes play I always had a CTD. It seemed to be a CPU or graphics card issue.
Another forum member gave me the tip to start recording after starting up the "problematic" map. And it worked. Don't ask me why or how comes but it worked for me. Big Grin
So give it a try and record your track for a while, not necessary to record the whole flight, and hopefully this method will work for you too.

Cheers,

L.

Thank you very much. Well, I don't know what to say: this your method workds but ONLY until you move to the next mission.
Whenever you press "Continue" to the next mission button, game crashes with the same error! Cry