New Ardennes Winter map !

I think your forest textures look more like a hardwood forest in winter, tab's look like evergreen forest. Both nice in their own way.

Quote:Does it replace the original?

If you want to have my map as default, just rename GW_winload.ini in wload.ini BUT you'll have to disable the other possible ardennes/wload.ini in your mods folders.
If IL2 finds more than one ardennes/wload.ini file, there IS a conflict

Quote:They will look great on all the other winter maps too.

Not for older ones : older winter maps have very bright (slightly blue) white texs. And on those maps, my runways appear too yellowish grey...
There's nothing I can do, because the game supports only ONE airfield runways texs set for ALL winter maps Cry
To have a perfectly neutral grey would maybe fit enough correctly for all maps but not for this map, because all MayBug great texs are slightly warmer than previous winter texs.

Quote:Great work - adds a great new feel to the Ardennes map. Thanks

Thx a lot CanonUK ! Coming from someone like you .... I really appreciate Big Grin

... and I'm also waiting so impatiently for your channel map !!!
I made a few coop missions a few months ago, using the beta map :

[Image: BoB-29-07-1940.jpg]

Here: http://gilles.babin.club.fr/simul.htm

But when I red that the def. one would not fit at all with the beta, I immediatly stopped working on those BoB missions, waiting for the new one !!!

Soon ?

OOOOPPS !

Forgot one thing : there's a little bug in the GW_Winload.ini file :

A section of the file should be :

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter
MONTH=12
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = -5

...to have snow instead of rain when flying in very bad weather !

EDIT : to keep rivers not frozen TEMPERATURE = 1 will be good

What a great map! Nice job.

I don't understand the load ini conflict, With both ardennes in one folder there is

GW_winload
sload
tab_wload

What do we do with these to avoid conflict and have both maps available?

Thank you.

Quote:What do we do with these to avoid conflict and have both maps available

No problem of conflict in normal usage... there may be a conflict ONLY to use a specific map as DEFAULT one... it's obvious : there can be only one default map, after all ! :wink:

New link, please?

Big Grin

This is very nice; a real keeper Wink

Cool , that looks very good, a very big improvement if you see the originals... :wink:

EDIT: Yes new link, link is dead :!: