[MOD]: reduced airfield influence radius

canonuk Wrote:I think he means the 'snap-to' effect when placing takeoff/landing points.

Joe

That!!!

Sorry guys, my bad english... :oops:

with this mod you can place aircrafts on tarmacs in COOP/SINGLE... and voil

Sweet,, i have been waiting for this mod like forever, it really feels awesome to start on the parking area!!!!!! 8)

grate work man

narvik Wrote:This mod is a first step to make static aircraft on airfields more realistic. Is it possible to make undamaged aircraft without fuel not to disappear after some time?

Give them a waypoint AFTER their current position... If you just place their current waypoint then after a while they disappear, but if there is another waypoint is hasn't gone to, then it will stay

Just checked, the snap-on effect is still there but it doesn't harm: in FMB, after setting the TAKE-OFF waypoint, it will be automatically placed on the nearest runway icon. After that, the waypoint can moved manually on any place! To give the plane the desired heading, a second waypoint is needed.

AIRdomination wrote: "Give them a waypoint AFTER their current position... If you just place their current waypoint then after a while they disappear, but if there is another waypoint is hasn't gone to, then it will stay"

I've tried that; I've even gone so far as to give a complete flight path including landing. I've tried various loadings such as Default Weapons, Empty, and Radio Silence with both of those. I've given them 1% fuel which allolws them to start the engine and makes it run dry before they can move. In every case the pilot jettisons the canopy, bails, runs, and a few seconds later the plane vanishes.

I found I can move the "Reduced_Airfield_Radius" folder out of the Mods folder and stick it in the game root folder. This stops the mod from working and still allows me to just drag and drop it back into the Mods folder to get it working again at a moment's notice. Since I have over 300 missions I'm not going to go in and change them all - it's easier to activate the mod for the missions I'm going to build just for it.

This is a pretty damn good mod and, with a couple of tweeks it could be a pretty damn great mod!

Great days all.

_1SMV_Gitano Wrote:Hi everybody,

EDIT: planes can now start from tarmacs without the 'snap-on' effect. In FMB, place them at a distance greater then 50 m from a runway icon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jogmzytdzzw

Not tested on carries and DOG missions. If you discover any bug, please let me know...
Big Grin
so we can just put the plane anywhere on the tarmac with out it bouncing over to the runway?

Plantoid 1 Wrote:
AIRdomination Wrote:"Give them a waypoint AFTER their current position... If you just place their current waypoint then after a while they disappear, but if there is another waypoint is hasn't gone to, then it will stay"

I've tried that; I've even gone so far as to give a complete flight path including landing. I've tried various loadings such as Default Weapons, Empty, and Radio Silence with both of those. I've given them 1% fuel which allolws them to start the engine and makes it run dry before they can move. In every case the pilot jettisons the canopy, bails, runs, and a few seconds later the plane vanishes.

I found I can move the "Reduced_Airfield_Radius" folder out of the Mods folder and stick it in the game root folder. This stops the mod from working and still allows me to just drag and drop it back into the Mods folder to get it working again at a moment's notice. Since I have over 300 missions I'm not going to go in and change them all - it's easier to activate the mod for the missions I'm going to build just for it.

This is a pretty damn good mod and, with a couple of tweeks it could be a pretty damn great mod!

Great days all.

There's the problem, you need to make sure they DON'T bail out!! uncheck parachute option in FMB, and they will remain there forever....

Congratulations !!! IT'S GREAT !!!

One of the best mod I ever seen !!!!

A dream become true !!!!!

THANKS !!!

Plantoid 1 Wrote:edit: Just ran a couple of quick tests. An unfortunate effect is that, on any runway - grass or concrete, single or multiple - the second, third, and fourth aircraft will line up as described above. For airfields like some on the Slovakia map and Canonuk's fine Channel map, this could be used for those 'scramble' take offs. For anything else I think this limits the 'flight' to a single aircraft.

You must create only one tale-off icon for each player. Never create a group of aircraft. Only one at time.
One icon = one aircraft

It's exactly the same thing when we made parking take off before IL2 v3.0.

Gitano - Great mod! Big Grin I think you're on to something big here :o

Have downloaded, and looking forward to trying it out.

Many ThanksBig Grin

Hawkers Big Grin

[EDIT] Sorry, wrong message

I allways hade starting missions.... All planes ready in line on runway... DAMNIT!

Now is the best!! Lets start with this mod!!!!!

hawker445 Wrote:
_1SMV_Gitano Wrote:Hi everybody,

EDIT: planes can now start from tarmacs without the 'snap-on' effect. In FMB, place them at a distance greater then 50 m from a runway icon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jogmzytdzzw

Not tested on carries and DOG missions. If you discover any bug, please let me know...
Big Grin
so we can just put the plane anywhere on the tarmac with out it bouncing over to the runway?

When you set the take-off point, it's still bounces on the nearest runway icon. THEN, you can reposition it on tarmac. The new spawn position should be at a distance > 50 meters from the nearest runway icon...

AIRdomination:

Ok, I tried removing the parachutes but, while the guys stay in their planes now, the planes still disappear.

I'm using version 4.09b1m without the Unified Installer.

Here's all the combinations I've tried:

Ardennes Summer map.
F4U-1A.
Plane 1 - 0% fuel; no armament; radio silence; no parachute.
Plane 2 - 0% fuel; default armament; radio silence; no parachute.
Plane 3 - 0% fuel; default armament; radio checked; no parachute.
Plane 4 - 0% fuel; no armament; radio checked; no parachute.

All these planes are singles for each take off icon.

Any other suggestions?

Great days all

I was waiting for this since long time !!! unfortunately, the link does not seem to work... I can not download this great little mod !!! Cry

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.