[BETA] Lockheed F-80A Shooting Star

BAD_GRANT Wrote:GatorNegro,

Are the drop tanks modled in their own TGA file somewhere? I was wondering because it would be nice to decorate them with various squadron colors like they used to do.

yes here - 3DO/Arms/Tank154gal/

If you dont have the foldes you need to use the sfs extractor to have it.

S!

Didn't find anything in the 3DO folder but the Plane folder.

Where do I get the SFS extractor from?

Thanks guys... :oops:
I'm still working on those USAF-KOREA skins.
You can monitor the progress here:
viewtopic.php?t=14018
You'll be informed when they will be available...

BAD_GRANT Wrote:Where do I get the SFS extractor from?

Look in the forum. There is a seccion for the tools.

S!

Charrua Wrote:the rato bottles used in this aircraft
http://www.airforce-magazine.com/Magazi ... assics.pdf

+ [Image: 7925L.jpg]

not rato bottles, ramjets...

Terrific...gonna grab this. One question.
I notice from the screenshots someone took, that the tanks are located just aoutboard of the landing gear. Are there limitations to the model that do not allow them to be placed on the wingtips, as they really were?

Uh....okay! Just got this and tried it out. The external tanks ARE in the right place! That must have been a work in progress shot that I was looking at.
Nice, real nice. This Korean war stuff is coming along beautifully. I wish I knew how to do this and could join in.

These are additional fuel tanks.
There are wingtip tanks but they aren't fixed like in RL they are drop tanks.
Remember that the plane has not it's own FM yet, it uses the FM from YP-80... Smile

Thanks elephant. It uses the YP-80 FM, but still...it flies well.
That's what I don't understand about the F-86. It also uses that flight model, but flies terribly!
I've tried it and the engine cuts out, catches fire, the plane stalls at the slightest pull of the stick.
This new F-80 doesn't do that. I was throwing it all over the place and it flew just fine.
I tried to bring up the subject here, but my post was dumped. Basically, I was told, "Look, we told you the plane uses the P80 FM, so that's what the problem is....so shut up," and the thread was removed!

I like the tail pipe flame on the this one. looks more realistic to me. But then, I've never seen any documantation that there was a flame coming out the back of these planes above 74% throttle anyway. The only aircraft, to my knowledge, were acft equipped with afterburners that had flame coming out the back above Mil power.

the flame is quite unrealistic.

if I would know how to turn it off I would... please remove this for any reworked engine FM.
it also looks horrible on the F-86 (which uses the same FM)

Pooch Wrote:Thanks elephant. It uses the YP-80 FM, but still...it flies well.
That's what I don't understand about the F-86. It also uses that flight model, but flies terribly!
I've tried it and the engine cuts out, catches fire, the plane stalls at the slightest pull of the stick.
This new F-80 doesn't do that. I was throwing it all over the place and it flew just fine.
I tried to bring up the subject here, but my post was dumped. Basically, I was told, "Look, we told you the plane uses the P80 FM, so that's what the problem is....so shut up," and the thread was removed!

The F-80A uses a modified Engine, that does not cut off like the Yp-80...
The Sabre uses the unmodified Yp-80 engine...

Charrua Wrote:the rato bottles used in this aircraft
http://www.airforce-magazine.com/Magazi ... assics.pdf

+ [Image: 7925L.jpg]

skin of this pdf

(The link is inoperative)

(The link is inoperative)

Wow I have been following the Jets threads with ever increasing interest since the Korea map has been in the works.

I really enjoy all of the stuff I find here and wanted to say how much your MODS (and SKINS, Harpia Wink ) have enriched my experience with IL-2 8)

One question about FM relating to these new jets, with new slots:
- since they will have new slots will there be at some point a new button file that may be usable by pre and post UI installs? These jets have airbrakes and other features the YP-80 don't, in-game anyway. Will these features be unlocked at some point? I'm certainly am willing to be most patient, but it helps expectations to know where it's going generally.

Thanks again for your work- loving it! Big Grin

Cheers

Triad

Would be nice if PeterD would let you borrow his pilot figure. Looks great. However, the pilot figure for the new F-86 for FSX, really is something else.