Map Building for Beginners

I
ve chosen my small project for this week end
Downloaded everything as required.
At the moment just trying to find a suitable Google Earth cracked version.

This week end's project Espirito Island with maybe a couple of surrounding islands.
Got some greast info on airfields there from Pacific Wrecks web site.

There was a fighter strip and two bomber strips

Baa Baa Black Sheep hee we come.

Cheers Kirby.

Christ if I think I can do this project from your tutorial I am sure ALIEN 12 could even have a go.

Cheers Kirby

Hi farang

Sounds like an interesting project

Let me know how you get on. I need feedback on any problems people might have following my instructions.

Good luck

this tutorial is actually very good, thanks

Hi there Kevinp

I have read a bit of the manual you created and have found it very interesting.
I can see you put a lot of time and thought into it, thank you very much

Easy

Excellent tutorial!

I hope you find time to extend it someday with tutorials for roads/railways, bridges and airfields ( I think there is already one for airfields somewhere).

Great work on the tutorial, that'll help lots of people make a start at making maps.

Cheers, Neil Smile

Firstly, Fabian Fred gave me his builder.ini and conf.ini for map making. Some time ago that was the first time I was able to see the grey grid on the map with unlocked fmb

Sunday computer died got a new cpu and 8800 Nividea G force.

I found a map builder.ini from Fly Zo and a conf.ini from lowfighter. Searching the site

I can see the islands from the Pacific Islands map. I can see the coast line but I can not see the water. The ocean is black. I can not see the thick grey grid on the land masses.

Is this normal?

I have a map making game with just a UTVS and an Arado float plane to fly around on the map no other planes.

Map Making game works fine I am using 4.09. C drive

My other game is Uni installer D Drive

Cheers Kirby

Looking forward to Espirito Santos Island and possibly surrounding islands over the next week or so

A lot of thanks

Hi Kirby

Black ocean is not normal unless there is a black ring all around the edge of a blue ocean, this is normal.

It's a complete mystery to me.

I have been working today he he he.

I got a colour map and a red map ready for cropping stage.

Naturally its not just an island. I have a chain of islands.

Am interested to know possible sizes for cropping.

Yours was 50 90 762 480 and 1.40 ratio from memmory in the Gimp cropping rectangle

[img][Image: espiritoislandchaingrey.jpg][/img]

Other Colour Pic see below.

Cheers Kirby

[Image: espiritoislandchaincolour.jpg]

Cheers Kirby [/img]

This map making tutorial is very helpful. Thank you.
However, I need a better explanation on how to smooth runways in MapH. Maybe I overlooked it in the tutorial? I'm using Gimp.

Thankyou !

Cant get GIMP to work...
[code]The installer couldn't determine in which subdirectory are the GTK+ libraries placed (C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\bin or C:\Program Files\GTK2-Runtime\lib).
Please reinstall GTK+ before running the Setup again.
If you already tried reinstalling GTK+, uninstall it, and get a new installer from .

Hi Kirby

The size ratio can be anything you like. I just chose 1.40 because thats the size of the Full Mission Builder screen. Sorry if I didn't make that clear, maybe I will re-write that bit.

Your map looks really exciting.

Cheers