Crackling static sound issue in my UI install.

Since moving over to the UI install i have noticed the new sounds which are great so far.

However, i am now getting a background crackling static sound, like it's poor quality or something. I hear it mostly in the cockpits but it can be heard from outside view sometimes as well.

Where am i likely to find these new sounds, are they in the presets sound folder?

Any idea's... i never had sound issues before the UI version came out?

I had a similar issue after some game crashes ( powerout...) and probably perhaps also installing some new mods. Especially my Dora sounded awfully crackling after that.
Updating my modded game with the new buttons did the trick: (The link is inoperative)

Hope this helps Smile

Cheers,

Eckhart

also in ur il2setup file in the game root folder, check what setup you have for your soundcard. I had this problem until I changed to the lowest settings for the sound there. Its due to the fact that I have an onboard soundcard, not an external one...
Try and let us know!

I have the same problem.

I put my sound parameters at the minimum. I also think that I have the last version of the buttons file since I have downloaded the new spit XIV.

Any idea ?? :roll:

Ok, problem solved fo me!

I feel a little bit stupid as I have reinstalled the drivers of my sound card, tried different combinations in the setup....
The problem was caused by the fact that I had, in the game options, the master volume an the objects volume set at their maximum values. Lowering them down solved the problem :oops: