Map building tutorial

Does the HB_PacificIslands map load & does it look OK.

I can see what's wrong with the map from your pictures but I don't know how this could happen.

Cheers
Kevin

ok Kevin, thanks, I download HB_pacific islands and it work, after your manam and work! after my manam and work too! (I dont know what its happened!) no so perfect, but well for me, now.
See here:

[Image: manam2.09.jpg][Image: manam3.09.jpg]
What you suggestion to me: go ahead or remake Manam from the beginning?
Thanks again!

I think you should continue with the map, I don't see any point in starting again from the beginning.

Other people have had the problem of black water, here is a link that might help -

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...lack+water

Cheers
Kevin

thanks, I continue with your exectional tutorial.
p.s. I think that water is not black, only to much dark blue...I experiment...., its anywere a great fun. to the next time, thank again.

Hallo Kevin , now I've a new problem like this picture.
[Image: graficer.jpg]
I think this trouble is for my grafic card I've ATI 9600...
or my screen....its ask me 1680x1050...il2 have not this grafic setting.
have you a suggestion for my this problem? thanks for help

Sorry, can't help you with this. If it's a Graphics card problem it's best to try IL2 Technical Help.

If it's my downloaded game that you are using, it could be that you just need to change the settings in the Setup box. Go to the IL-2 map builder folder & find the file called il2setup.exe & open it.

Cheers
Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I try...
Ok I setting my screen and game at 1024x768 and all its ok, no more grafic error like picture above.
The work go ahead well, but when I come to pag. 61 I'cnt same picture, O thonk I mistake somthings at pag 61, I think your tutorial very well maked, only I will pay more attention. Many thanks.
I'll write again when finished well all the work.

Sorry Kevin, but I've necessity again of your help.
I restart building from gimp MANAM.GREY.BMP resize and cut to 672x480, after bucket fill black and white and blur and convert in greyscale mode, save in Mymap_c.tga and the size is 315 KB not 316 KB, I dont understand why...can you help me?

If you still have this problem, can you send me your "Mymap_c" file.

I upload to you My map c file.
in precedent map building may map was exactly 316 KB.
In this b.m. I subsdcribe precedent my map...can is this the cause?

There's nothing wrong with your file, on my computer it shows as 316Kb.

Maybe it's because we have different operating systems. There are two sizes for files -

Size: 315 KB (322,604 bytes)
Size on disk: 316 KB (323,584 bytes)

My computer only shows the size on disk.

Cheers
Kevin

@kevinp :
... just stopping by to express my gratitude and appreciation for all good work you're doing here

fantastic support !

thank you in behalf of all present and future map modders !

reg
Z

I want to get as many people building maps as possible before Storm of War comes out, as it's
clearly going to be the best thing since sliced bread & probably no one will want to play IL-2 1946
any more.

Hello Kevinp, just a note to say thank you very much for making the tutorial and providing a map building folder for download.

I've just completed your Manam map and got it working, see post in map building disscussion.

Wishing you the very best, Pete. Big Grin

kevinp Wrote:There's nothing wrong with your file, on my computer it shows as 316Kb.

Maybe it's because we have different operating systems. There are two sizes for files -

Size: 315 KB (322,604 bytes)
Size on disk: 316 KB (323,584 bytes)

My computer only shows the size on disk.

Cheers
Kevin
thanks, now I can go aehad