Thread Closed

[DOWNLOAD] INFANTRY MOD

This should come in handy for an accurate depiction of Scotland, Wales, Ireland and New Zealand...

...with farmer placed right behind the sheep. Wink

IMPORTANT : I would ask for some help, I made this using basic models from TOW that is not sold in Belgium... I had only a demo version... there are a lot more things in full version... so I would ask if someone has a full version and could send me some of the SFS files... I would be really very happy and I could introduce in Il-2 a lot of good things :roll:

What about a giant wooden badger ? Big Grin

Ooops ! I forgot,
Thank you delvpier !
K

Fantastic stuff here!

Many thanks!

fly_zo Wrote:... regarding FPS , it would be better if those tga's are 256 indexed color instead of RGB .... much smaller file size for game to process

worth trying IMHO

Z

have you tried them with indexed?? it shouldn't affect anything IMHO

lol poor cows

"Cows. I hate cows worse than coppers."

Does anyone remember the cow scene from O Brother Where Art Thou?

Bring them on.

cool pic, thanks for the mod.

Yep, havnt seen it in years though.
Good movie.

Maybe ill watch it tommorow.

Catahoulak9 Wrote:"Cows. I hate cows worse than coppers."

Does anyone remember the cow scene from O Brother Where Art Thou?

Bring them on.

No just the one from Top Secret fly_zo referred to :lol:

"Yes, you're right, some things are better left unsaid. Like when you reach into your handbag to get something and your hand gushes across a used tissue.."

"Cigarettes, party tricks, novelties."

"Excuse me. Here, you dropped your phoney dog poo."

"What phoney dog poo?"

"Welcome. And these are the members of the Resistance: Rene, Jean-Luc, Latrine, Croissant, Fondu and Chocolate Mousse."

sometimes its the little things that help bring this game alive...thanks

The 4 man infantry in the FMB sure could be improved.

It takes so long to place all the waypoints and stuff. Having about 3 groups x 8 men (24) instead of 4 each would sure save alot of time, and put more troops on the ground and save mission building time.

All we need is something to shoot at, so you wouldn't expect much more than a damaged infantryman on the ground as if dead. Don't know if you could get IL2 to give you a body count, that might seem a bit grusome.

Probably wouldn't matter what nationality they were as long as you could pick the color side.

You'd just make strafing runs and shoot some "binary" folks.

It would be nice if they shot at you when you got a little too low. You might even buy it every now and then from ground fire.

Lot of possibilities, but for the most part I leave off the human element in FMB. It's just too much trouble for 4 infantry that don't affect very much. However, groups of 24 infantrymen puts enough boots on the ground to perk up the action quite a bit.

I don't know how many of youhave done the Jane's WW2 fighters. WW2F has a programming tool in the mission builder to put whole divisions on the ground. It included artillery, tanks,and people very cool and easy to apply.

Such a thing would be an awesome mod for IL2.

cool mod! first thing i thought of when i saw the animals tho...how bout this:

make an alternate history campaign...the axis have lost the war but the animals are pissed and have began an all out surprise counterattack on the human race in 1945. in the campaign you carry out strikes against armies of cows...you can even make it appear like they are manning artillery and everything. secret cow air strips....with cow air force skins on various aircraft....cow skins for pilots...itd be a freakin' HOOT! B17 raids on milk factories, v2 launches against rawhide plants. i think i might actually do this campaign.

time for another beer..

aviatorsneah Wrote:cool mod! first thing i thought of when i saw the animals tho...how bout this:

make an alternate history campaign...the axis have lost the war but the animals are pissed and have began an all out surprise counterattack on the human race in 1945. in the campaign you carry out strikes against armies of cows...you can even make it appear like they are manning artillery and everything. secret cow air strips....with cow air force skins on various aircraft....cow skins for pilots...itd be a freakin' HOOT! B17 raids on milk factories, v2 launches against rawhide plants. i think i might actually do this campaign.

time for another beer..

Yep! time for another. :lol:
Thread Closed