[Map] Avala's Benghalli Islands map

fly_zo Wrote:
rustydawg Wrote:fly_zo, did I install it right, I'm in the post right above yours.

Where did you put the _Tex files?

Thanks,

rustydawg

1 extract pack to temp location

2 copy MODS folder to your root game directory (main game dir ... IL2 1946 or whatever)

allow overwriting if asked ( but i doubt it will)

3 add line from readme.txt to all. ini ( mods\mapmods\maps\all.ini) via notepad

at the end it should look like this :

[Image: benghali_install.jpg]

hope this helps
reg
Z

It did! This map is absolutey wonderful. Big Grin

[Image: il2fb2009-09-1919-14-57-85.jpg]

Thank you for the wonderful map

Easy

colocam Wrote:It did! This map is absolutey wonderful. Big Grin

glad you got it to work Big Grin

cheers
Z

I did exactly what you said, but still didn't get the .mis file, so I made my own.mis file and put in Map Benghalli/load.ini and it works now. I just found out about the 1.11 patch, that explains why I only have 3 hangers at the radio tower island of Benghalli.

Thanks alot Zo

Best Regards rustydawg

Thank you Fly_zo for clarifying installment process, I guess I could wrote it better.

I hope that there are no problems with the map anymore?

@Skunkmeister

It’s on 400 because I played with the atmosphere mod.It seems that somehow affects winds. Then again maybe it’s just my wishful thinking.

@Paulo Hirth

Thanks for the sounds, now I’m starting to shake when playing with headphones on Big Grin
I don’t know to make quick missions either, that’s why there isn’t any. If someone could make them, I would appreciate it too.

BTW it’s amazing how map looks different on each system and various settings, almost like its different map, especially in details. I guess much of it depends also on graphic DLLs used. I will post these that I am using in the morning and some screenshots too. For me it looks mostly like in HolyGrail’s and Lefty Hartnett’s screens.

And sand is glowing just in the noon and in clear and good day, if you set it at hazy or at 10,11 or 14,15 o clock you will have very nice yellowish dunes.

and

Thanks to all of you guys! :wink:

-

Hi Lefty Hartnett, where can I find the F86 skin in your pictures?
Can you give me a down load link?
Thank you very much!

gorgeous map, love it!

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

Benghalli early in the morning...

[Image: B01.jpg]

[Image: B02.jpg]

[Image: B03.jpg]

[Image: B04.jpg]

"Baa Baa Blacksheep was the 1970's tv show that was about corsair pilots in ww 2 " :lol:

ok my bad, it was a silly question I founded the answer by myself by checking it in google...what an idiot am I :oops: ....

So these are some pics using Gapa Gamma mod, as some asked me in "new Kyushu textures " WhiteCat post it was possible with Gapa to have a same result as my photoshop processing.

It works in a sens that what I do with photoshop with le colour editing can be done with good results with Gapa. But I can't get good result for all the back lighting aspect, so I'm still working on it. The other problem is that the results of Gapa depends also with the LCD used.

Here some examples :

So this is with gapa mode, just cleaning a little, no backlights effects. That's what i have on screen with my own Gapa settings

[Image: 3936229549_8292682a2c_b.jpg]

The same, colours by Gapa mode only, the only thing more from phoshop here is backlights effets in the far.

[Image: 3936229325_b946659486_b.jpg]

The same, Gapa mode, photoshop for backlights only + saturation down -10% (this is done by photoshop editing BUT can also be done by screen settings.

[Image: 3937009262_b166bb9a5e_b.jpg]

So, the bad point of Gapa is that it change all the screens settings, whatever the program is runing. The solution to make 1946 more realistic, more than texture or 3d moding, would be to find a way by the game settings to change all the colour aspect and the way light works.

With that, and with all the amazing stuff you all guys did with mods, this siulation could be really greater than any other :wink:

QMB mission for this nice map......

viewtopic.php?t=20496

This is beautiful! Confusedhock:

Loved the video as well, although the guy at the end is a bit scary... :wink:

hum, this map is really great.

good place to fly in Big Grin . No fps problems when close to the coral.

[Image: 3937355876_eae7867848_b.jpg]

[Image: 3937356490_5668a8f84a_b.jpg]

tatannnnn.....tadammmm

[Image: 3937355570_db03246f5b_b.jpg]

As some one said...we just need the pin ups now :wink:

Hi redko, nice shots! Do you use gapa?
If yes may you post your gapa settings?

@Avala
Thanks a lot. Fine work

QMB mission and quicks file for Benghalli map
http://www.4shared.com/account/file/134 ... one00.html
More info here: