(Map) TIB Archangelsk map V 1.0

I haven't touched those files and folders in weeks, which, TBH, was the last time I booted up the game. It all worked fine then though. I tried to install this map today and got a CTD at 70%. Well, I suppose a re-install was necessary soon anyway. Although I was hoping to wait to do it until 1.2 came out.

I have numerous mods installed but not the Unified Installer. Will this mod work without the Unified Installer?

Further to my last I do have M-bugs Slovakia winter map and textures installed.

timholt Wrote:I have numerous mods installed but not the Unified Installer. Will this mod work without the Unified Installer?
It will, if you have M-bugs textures and Agraciers new textures.
EDIT: There might be some objects that comes with AAA UI 1.1, so i can't promise that it will work without UI. Sad

Boosher Wrote:I haven't touched those files and folders in weeks, which, TBH, was the last time I booted up the game. It all worked fine then though. I tried to install this map today and got a CTD at 70%. Well, I suppose a re-install was necessary soon anyway. Although I was hoping to wait to do it until 1.2 came out.

Our Official Installer version has been tested several times and it works fine with vanilla AAA UI 1.11 and with heaps of other mods too. Installer only contains ag_map files, _Tex/ag/spain and all.ini files. There is agraciers personal notes .txt file too, but it have no affect to mods.

Using installer should be the safest way for those who are not familiar with IL2 file structure. If you are doing manual installation, i recommend that make back up copy at least all.ini file. Even a slighest typo causes game to crash, because engine don't find necessary files.
I have made back ups for the mods folder and files folder too, so i can alwways go to latest working version.

I repeat: This map is tested with AAA UI 1.11 and it works fine. Beta testers did not find anything odd and it has been tested with numerous versions of modded IL 21946, believe me!
Kapteeni

Thank you very much team Big Grin

Kapteeni - Thanks for the response

I installed it OK and I can make a mission but it will not let me save to it. I have searched the forums but cannot find any specific M-Bugs or Agraciers textures downloads. I thought they were part other maps I already had but obviously not?

Are you able to point me in the right direction please?[/quote]

timholt Wrote:Kapteeni - Thanks for the response

I installed it OK and I can make a mission but it will not let me save to it. I have searched the forums but cannot find any specific M-Bugs or Agraciers textures downloads. I thought they were part other maps I already had but obviously not?

Are you able to point me in the right direction please?
[/quote]

Missing textures are not the problem if you can already open a map. If any textures were missing in your install, you simply wouldn't be able to open the map at all.

Not being able to save and fly a mission is usually associated with objects that are embedded into the map itself, but which are missing from your own personal install. If you don't have UI 1.1 installed then perhaps you should try and install the various lal_rone hangar and fortification mods - these mods contain new objects for airfields and buildings and are now pretty much standard in use in all maps ...

agracier Wrote:
timholt Wrote:Kapteeni - Thanks for the response

Are you able to point me in the right direction please?

Missing textures are not the problem if you can already open a map. If any textures were missing in your install, you simply wouldn't be able to open the map at all.

Not being able to save and fly a mission is usually associated with objects that are embedded into the map itself, but which are missing from your own personal install. If you don't have UI 1.1 installed then perhaps you should try and install the various lal_rone hangar and fortification mods - these mods contain new objects for airfields and buildings and are now pretty much standard in use in all maps ...[/quote]
+1
But as far as know i haven't use any objects than those which came with vanilla AAA UI 1.1.
I strongly recommend to install AAA UI 1.1. You can have many versions of IL2 at same machine. so no harm done. You can use what ever version you want

I noticed something on your Archangelsk Winter 2 map (the other Winter map is fine) which didn't occur on your beta map. Did I do something wrong or ... :???:
Looks like Domino now. :wink:

[Image: 72c406df.jpg]

Kapteeni and Agracier. - thanks for the responses gents.
I think you are correct - I need another version for the Unified Installer and another clean install for 4.09 that is imminent.
When 1946 was released I treated it as was originally intended and installed it as an add on over Forgotten Battles.
It has worked fine with no problems that some others seemed to encounter.
However, with 4.09 imminent I thought I would do a clean install of 1946, retaining my original (the folder is still named Forgotten Battles) that has numerous Mods.
When I inserted the 1946 disc it did not give me the option to install, just Uninstall, Read Me and Exit.
I believe I need to change the existing IL2 Forgotten Battles folders name before I can do a clean install. Do I change the name back once the clean install is completed, i.e. can I have Folders "IL2 Forgotten Battles", "Mods IL2 Forgotten Battles", and "IL2 1946"?
I am assuming they will all work with the no DVD exe with the shortcuts renamed for Identification purposes?
My apologies if these appear to be dumb questions but at 63 I am not keen on changing names of folders unless I am confident I am not going to bugger anything up.

Hey timholt

Yes one can change the folders names,
I have an installed called IL2Modded and this is my full modded off line install.
I renamed the folder then I made a shortcut and renamed the shortcut to IL2Modded.

I have another install named IL2MapMaker ,once again I renamed my folder and then I made my own shortcut and renamed the SC to IL2MapMaker.

My third install would be my Vanilla UI 1.11 Install which I havn't changed the name..... yet anyway :lol:

I would keep my install you have leaving it as FB,rename shorcut to IL2ForgottenBattles
Then just install 1946 and then patch to 4.08 and then 4.09 when it comes out.

Easy

Lejo Wrote:I noticed something on your Archangelsk Winter 2 map (the other Winter map is fine) which didn't occur on your beta map. Did I do something wrong or ... :???:
Looks like Domino now. :wink:

[Image: 72c406df.jpg]

Looks like something wrong with forest textures. I believe the second winter map has the 'LWood' series of forest textures which supposed to be a stock, standard texture from one of the old maps. It was supposed to be a standard texture, yet many members don't it nonetheless. Check that you have it installed in the following folder:

...MODS/mapmods/maps/_Tex/forest/winter....

I also remember something about pink triangles or something similar appearing in maps as a result of one or another of the clouds mods ... can't remember the name though ... this might also possibly be something similar ... possibly.

If you know how to edit a load.ini map, try replacing the lines

[WOOD]
Wood0 = forest/winter/LWood0.tga
Wood1 = forest/winter/LWood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/winter/LWood2.tga
Wood3 = forest/winter/LWood3.tga
Wood4 = forest/winter/LWood4.tga

with another type of forest texture, one that you already have installed in your game. These lines perhaps:

[WOOD]
Wood0 = forest/summer/sk_Wood0.tga
Wood1 = forest/summer/sk_Wood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/sk_Wood2.tga
Wood3 = forest/summer/sk_Wood3.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/sk_Wood4.tga

They are textures from the Slovakia map, which should be standard on your installation of Il-2.

timholt Wrote:I am assuming they will all work with the no DVD exe with the shortcuts renamed for Identification purposes?
My apologies if these appear to be dumb questions but at 63 I am not keen on changing names of folders unless I am confident I am not going to bugger anything up.

Once you have, for a first time, installed Il-2 from a purchased DVD, there is no need to use the dvd for booting up the game anymore.

You can make as many copies of Il-2, in as many variants as you wish as you wish and call them whatever you wish. They should all work. Just make sure you make a new shortcut for each and every version of the game.

Just be sure not to get confused ... I've got a clean 4.07 install, a clean 4.08 install, a clean 4.09 install, a UI1.1 install, a 4.08 map-maker, a 4.09 map-maker and several copies of these on separate internal and external hard disks ...

Talk about addiction and insecurity ... ha ha

I have the same forest issue,except it is on all my winter maps since installing this map.
I installed as per the installation directions.

Go into MODS/MapMods/Maps/_Tex and put a minus sign in front of the "Forest folder" that came with this map,
your forest will all go back to white snow covered tree's then.It is all the "LWood.tga's" that are doing it ,even on the stock maps if installed.

Easy

This is the stock Ardennes Winter map with the Forest folder loading from the Archangelsk map files
[Image: il2fb2009-09-2605-33-37-79.jpg]